- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:15 AM
Athens, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - A deputy of Independent Greeks (ANEL), the Greek government’s right-wing coalition partner, has suggested the party could support a compromise solution over the name dispute with the Republic of Macedonia, daily Kathimerini reports.
"ANEL will obey to what the majority decides. We shall respect the principle of majority rule, should the majority go against the national interest,” Costas Katsikis said on Tuesday.
ANEL chief Panos Kammenos has repeatedly said in the past few weeks he would not back a solution that would include the term 'Macedonia.' ik/09:09
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:46 PM | Macedonia, Serbia coordinate working hours of border phytosanitary inspections
The border phytosanitary inspection of Serbia at the Presevo border crossing starting Sunday will wo...
- 4:24 PM | FM: Vucic should take signature off Brussels Agreement
Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic will recommend President Aleksandar Vucic that he took off the ...
- 3:52 PM | BBC: Skripal asked Putin if he could return home
Sergei Skripal wrote to President Putin asking to be allowed to return home, a friend of the former ...
- 3:27 PM | Greek media: FM Dimitrov might visit Athens after Vienna talks
Two Greek television channels have reported that Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov told Gr...
- 2:13 PM | Greece opposition party criticizes Tsipras for his response to question from MIA reporter
The opposition party New Democracy has accused Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of addressing national ...