- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:15 AM
Athens, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - A deputy of Independent Greeks (ANEL), the Greek government’s right-wing coalition partner, has suggested the party could support a compromise solution over the name dispute with the Republic of Macedonia, daily Kathimerini reports.
"ANEL will obey to what the majority decides. We shall respect the principle of majority rule, should the majority go against the national interest,” Costas Katsikis said on Tuesday.
ANEL chief Panos Kammenos has repeatedly said in the past few weeks he would not back a solution that would include the term 'Macedonia.' ik/09:09
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:33 PM | Projkovski's Romeo and Juliet voted the best play of 2017 in Turkey
Romeo and Juliet, produced by the Istanbul National Theater and directed by Dejan Projkovski, was vo...
- 3:32 PM | Kosovo's Thaci and Haradinaj condemn killing of leading Serb politician
Kosovo President Hashim Thaci and PM Ramush Haradinaj have strongly denounced the killing of Oliver ...
- 3:10 PM | Language E-learning Center promotes Macedonian culture in the USA
The Macedonian Language E-learning Center (http://makedonskijazik.org) celebrated its 10-year annive...
- 3:03 PM | President Vucic calls Ivanovic's murder 'terrorist act'
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said Tuesday that Serbia views the fatal attack on Oliver Ivanovi...
- 2:54 PM | EU still open to Britain changing mind on Brexit
Leaders of the European Union institutions weighed into a new British debate on whether to hold a se...