- Friday, December 29, 2017 3:32 PM
Skopje, 29 December 2017 (MIA) - Prime Minister Zoran Zaev stated Friday he would keep the post of deputy premier for reforms for the party Alliance for Albanians (AA), whereas the vacant posts of deputy ministers, occupied until yesterday by AA members who have already filed resignations, would be filled after the New Year's holidays.
Deputy premier for reforms is a vital vice-presidential post, said Zaev speaking to reporters.
"Vice president of the government in charge of reforms will be tasked with coordinating even (PM) Zaev, coordinating the minister of justice, interior minister, minister of European affairs, and other relevant ministries. The success of reform implementation by a small party will serve as its launchpad," he said.
The PM noted he hadn't negotiated with DPA. "The public was informed about our most recent meeting, and I won't rule out another meeting after New Year's holidays."
Zaev said he would like a more stable parliamentary majority. "I will continue to talk with smaller political parties," he stated adding he hoped all vacant posts would be filled until Jan. 15. ba/15:30
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...