- Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:46 PM
Skopje, 19 June 2014 (MIA) - Macedonia has been admitted as the 156th full-fledged member of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) at Thursday's special session of the organization's Council.
The decision was passed upon Macedonia's membership application by Foreign Minister Nikola Poposki to IOM Secretary General William Lacy Swing.
Ambassador Igor Dzundev saluted the cooperation with IOM, underlining Macedonia's continual support to its activities in the country towards implementation and enhancement of standards in all migration-related issues, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a press release. ik/16:08
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:18 PM | PM Tsipras: Macedonian nation never existed in ancient time, nor did Athenians or Spartans
A Macedonian nation never existed in the period of classical antiquity, as it was the case with the ...
- 4:14 PM | US Embassy in Skopje: Visa, emergency service to continue for US citizens
Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the ...
- 2:25 PM | UMD urges Macedonia's authorities to put an end to name talks
The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) supports the #OurNameisMacedonia Campaign, spearheaded by Maced...
- 1:37 PM | Hoyt Yee: Macedonia and Greece have real opportunity to solve the name issue
Macedonia and Greece have a real opportunity, maybe the best one, for solving the so-called name is...
- 1:13 PM | Serbia's President Vucic pays respects to slain Kosovo Serb politician
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic visited the northern city of Mitrovica on Saturday, where he paid...