- Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:54 AM
Skopje, 12 November 2015 (MIA) - Platform for Gender Equality and Friedrich Ebert Foundation organize Thursday debate "Women and Politics: Involvement and Influence of Women in Macedonian Politics".
The debate aims at identifying the main barriers affecting political participation of women, as well as securing relevant recommendations to raise the public awareness on the issue.
Findings of a study tackling the barriers women face prior and during their involvement in politics will be presented during the event.
According to organizes, this is an attempt to motivate policy-makers to make essential changes that would encourage women's increased participation in the country's public and political life. ik/08:53
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:14 PM | Syrian rebels to evacuate opposition-held town in Ghouta
Hundreds of armed rebels and civilians will begin evacuating a besieged town in eastern Ghouta, a re...
- 9:06 PM | Kosovo lawmakers pass delayed border deal despite tear gas
Lawmakers in Kosovo approved a contentious and long-pending border demarcation deal with Montenegro ...
- 7:57 PM | Macedonia – Belgium – political consultations
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia and Belgium held political consultation on Wednesday ...
- 6:34 PM | Turkey affirms support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Turkey remains staunch supporter of Macedonia’s bid to join NATO, Premier Binali Yıldırım told Wedn...
- 6:31 PM | Trump 'warned' not to congratulate Putin in Russia election
US President Donald Trump did not adhere to warnings from his advisers when he congratulated Vladimi...