- Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:14 PM
Skopje, 26 May 2016 (MIA) - The current political developments in Macedonia are regretful, but there is no constructive role for the UN mediator in the name issue until there is a democratically elected government in Skopje, says Matthew Nimetz, mediator in the Macedonia-Greece dispute.
"I believe political leaders in Macedonia should place the national interest before traditional politics and take into consideration what is best for the people", Nimetz told programme "Voice of the People" at "Sonce" TV station.
According to him, leaders must demonstrate maturity and wisdom, act in a constructive way, the sooner the better.
"I sincerely hope that the current political impasse will soon be solved and believe this can be done only by parliamentary elections that meet Przino Agreement criteria. As soon as a democratically elected government is in place, I assure you that my highest priority will be to involve stakeholders in solving the name issue", said Nimetz. ik/12:12
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:14 PM | Macedonian parliamentary parties held 'constructive' meetings with NATO's Stoltenberg
Officials of the parties from the ruling coalition DUI and SDSM and the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE ...
- 5:13 PM | MoFA: Mediator's ideas shouldn't be commented before in-depth analysis is made
According to diplomatic principles, ideas of the mediator should not be commended until an in-depth ...
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...
- 4:07 PM | Hundreds mourn slain Kosovo Serb politican at funeral
Hundreds of people mourned at the funeral of moderate Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic on Thur...