- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:30 PM | Minister Spasovski attends Epiphany observance in Pustec
Minister of Interior Oliver Spasovski visited Friday Albania's Pustec municipality, attending the ob...
- 2:36 PM | Last three years hottest on record: UN
The last three years were the hottest on record, the United Nations weather agency said Thursday, ci...
- 2:18 PM | President Ivanov, diplomatic corps attend Epiphany event in Dojran
President Gjorge Ivanov and members of the diplomatic corps to Macedonia attended the event observin...
- 1:46 PM | Turkish shelling marks start of Afrin operation, minister says
Turkey’s operation in Syria’s Kurdish-controlled Afrin region has “de facto” begun with cross-border...
- 1:39 PM | PM Zaev optimist on name settlement respectable for both sides
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev voiced Friday belief over a solution to the name issue. Prime Minister Zor...