- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | Russian 'propaganda on steroids' aimed at 2016 U.S. election: lawmaker
Russia mounted a campaign of "propaganda on steroids" seeking to influence the 2016 U.S. presidentia...
- 9:10 PM | NATO, Russia, share troop information, at odds over Ukraine
NATO's chief says the allies and Russia remain at loggerheads over the conflict in Ukraine but have ...
- 8:38 PM | Two former Parliament speakers voice support for United Macedonia Initiative
Two former Parliament speakers gave speeches to supporters of the United Macedonia Initiative, who t...
- 6:15 PM | Dimitriev: EU is Macedonia's top priority
We used this opportunity to reaffirm our position that European Union membership remains Macedonia's...
- 5:56 PM | Ombudsman Memeti presents 2016 report on respect of human rights in Macedonia
No progress has been registered in terms of respecting the human rights and freedoms in Macedonia, O...