- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:28 PM | Opposition MPs want Parliament to decide on the signing of Bulgaria treaty
VMRO-DPMNE MPs demand Parliament should hold a public, open and urgent session in view of the announ...
- 2:25 PM | Momin Potok homeless shelter doubles its capacity to 32 beds
The Momin Potok homeless shelter was expanded with additional 16 beds. added with the funds provided...
- 2:13 PM | Group of leading historians signs petition against falsifying Macedonian history
A group of 26 distinguished historians signed a petition against "attempts to redefine, change and f...
- 1:35 PM | Government to honor agreements with investors: Vice Premier (UPD)
The Government will fully honor agreements of investors using state subsidies, said Vice Premier for...
- 1:27 PM | European Commission initiates Article 7 procedure against Poland
The European Commission announced it is initiating an infringement procedure against Poland for "bre...