- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 12:36 PM | Left wing anarchists clash with police in Athens
Riots broke out in Athens on Saturday evening as left wing anarchists clashed with the police.
- 12:27 PM | Construction and real-estate fair opens on Tuesday
Skopje Fair will host its 14th International Fair of construction materials and machinery as well as...
- 12:10 PM | League leaders Vardar and Shkendija meet in high risk match
Vardar and Shkendija, who are leading contenders for the Macedonian Football League trophy, face off...
- 12:02 PM | Donald Trump will skip the traditional White House Correspondents' Dinner
US President Donald Trump cancelled his appearance at the traditional White House Correspondent's Di...
- 11:57 AM | Montenegro hit by rainstorm
The Adriatic resort town of Budva was hit by the rainstorm that passed over Montenegro. Budva and Ri...