- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:38 AM | Battle for Mosul: Iraq forces repel IS counter-attack
Fighters of so-called Islamic State (IS) have launched counter-attacks as they come under growing pr...
- 10:32 AM | Turkey rejects Arab terms to Qatar, US urges sides to talk
Turkey's president on Sunday rejected a demand by major Arab states to remove Turkish troops from Qa...
- 10:26 AM | Hahn and Priebe to discuss government's reform plans
Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations, will vis...
- 2:54 PM | Hahn to meet Zaev and to attend government’s thematic session on Monday
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev is to hold a meeting Monday with Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for European ...
- 2:29 PM | Overturned oil tanker explodes after Pakistan wreck, killing 148
An overturned oil tanker burst into flames in Pakistan on Sunday, killing more than 140 people who h...