- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:53 PM | Turkey's Erdogan says 'arena' to be removed from stadia names
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday ordered the removal of the word 'arena' from sports stadia ...
- 8:33 PM | SDSM's Zaev hopes for Macedonia to get new government by end of next week
Progress has been made in negotiations on a formation of new government, PM-designate and SDSM leade...
- 7:38 PM | G7 summit agrees on countering terrorism but not climate change
Leaders of the world's leading industrial nations, the G7, have agreed on new action to counter terr...
- 6:16 PM | Macedonia, Vatican to advance cooperation, President Ivanov says after Pope Francis audience
Ways to boost cooperation between Macedonia and Vatican, challenges stemming from the migrant crisis...
- 6:08 PM | DUI's Ahmeti meets US Ambassador Baily
Ali Ahmeti, leader of the Democratic Union for Integration (DUI), and US Ambassador to Macedonia Jes...