- Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08 PM
Skopje, 26 September 2016 (MIA) - Film "The Liberation of Skopje", directed by Rade Serbedzija and his son Danilo Serbedzija has been selected as Macedonia's Oscar candidate in the Best Foreign Film category, said the Macedonian Film Professional Association on Monday.
An eight-year-old boy Zoran is the hero of the story. It is through his eyes that we experience the cruelty of war, the poverty, suffering and the images of the occupation of Skopje, the city which the Germans occupied in 1942 with the help of their Bulgarian allies.
The film's premiere screening was held at the opening of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival "Manaki Brothers" on September 10. ik/14:03
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 AM | Greece blames Turkey of violating its airspace
Greece blames Turkey of violating its air space above the Aegean Sea dozens of times. These alleged ...
- 8:51 AM | Government begins procedure to appoint new Public Prosecutor
The Government begins a procedure to appoint a new Public Prosecutor, after Marko Zvrlevski was dism...
- 8:41 PM | Croatia fights dozens of fires along Adriatic coast
Croatian firefighters and armed forces were fighting dozens of wildfires on Monday along the Adriati...
- 7:59 PM | Macedonia committed to developing good-neighborly relations with Serbia
Avoiding to make hasty conclusions, Macedonia's government welcomes the announcements of official Be...
- 7:05 PM | President Ivanov opens eight edition of School for Young Leaders
The School for Young Leaders offers training for the best to become even better, as every society ne...