- Friday, December 16, 2016 3:48 PM
Skopje, 16 December 2016 (MIA) - The main hearing in the case of the Special Prosecutor's Office (SPO) regarding the 2013 protests in front of the Centar municipality building has been scheduled for February.
At Friday's opening hearing in the Skopje-based Criminal Court, judge Tatjana Mihajlova rejected the SPO evidence from the wiretapped conversations, saying they were illegally obtained.
She also denied the SPO request for the testimony of a protected witness, saying such a witness was not relevant for this type of crime.
The defendants are scheduled to give their testimonies at the February hearing.
The indictment charges 14 individuals over organization of violent protests in front of Skopje's Centar municipality due to the announced challenging of the Detailed Urban Plan by the municipal council.
Former PM and VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski, former minister of transport and communications Mile Janakievski and MP Daniela Rangelova are among the defendants in the case. ik/15:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...