- Friday, February 17, 2017 8:38 AM
Gevgelija, 17 February 2017 (MIA) - Greek farmers continue to block the Gevgelija border crossing with Macedonia - the most important road link between the two countries. Vehicles are not allowed to cross the border in either direction at the crossing also known as Bogorodica - Evzoni, and motorists are advised to use the Dojran or Bitola crossings.
The strike has been in effect since January 30th, and it has inflicted significant material damages and disruptions of travel plans. Macedonian Foreign Affairs Ministry sent a protest letter to Greece, asking that the issue is resolved as soon as possible. The European Commission has also been notified of this violation of the agreement for stabilization and association, which guarantees free movement of goods and people.
Calls to Greece to end the blockade have also been sent by the association of forwarders of Macedonia, through their international association. A joint call came from Macedonian and Serbian chambers of commerce, considering that the blockade has regional implications.cc/08:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:05 PM | Popovski: Government sets new standards for communications, transparency and accountability
The government has set new standards related to communications, transparency and accountability, Min...
- 2:45 PM | LE2017/ Police shouldn't be at disposal of political parties during election campaign: minister
Not a single member of the Ministry of the Interior (MoI) should put themselves at the disposal of a...
- 2:09 PM | No new cases of measles reported, vaccination to be priority: Centre for Public Health
No new cases of measles are reported while five people infected with measles on Friday are in good h...
- 2:00 PM | Macedonia to implement EU's experience in bankruptcy and liquidation of companies: conference
Sharing of experiences and best practices of the EU and the region to curb negative consequences whe...
- 1:26 PM | LE2017: SDSM kicks off campaign in Bitola, VMRO-DPMNE in Ohrid
The 20-day campaign of political parties, coalitions and independent candidates at the local electio...