- Friday, February 17, 2017 3:16 PM
Skopje, 17 February 2017 (MIA) - The trial continued on Friday for the 37 members of the armed group that attacked the city of Kumanovo in May 2015.
Sami Ukshini, also known as Commander Sokoli, testified before the court in Skopje. Ukshini said that he is not guilty of the charges that put him as commander of the group. He acknowledged being part of the 2001 insurgent group - the NLA - but said that he was unwilling to act in the 2015 Kumanovo attack and that he was pressured to join the group and to start a military action that would push for the implementation of the 2001 Ohrid Framework Agreement.
Eight special police officers and ten members of the armed group were killed in the two days long battle in a southern neighborhood of Kumanovo. The armed group was led by commanders from neighboring Kosovo and included ethnic Albanian fighters with military experience in past guerrilla conflicts in the Balkans and abroad. Before the fight in Kumanovo, the group stormed a border police station and looted weapons, after which it issued threats against the Macedonian Government.cc/15:15
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:05 PM | Popovski: Government sets new standards for communications, transparency and accountability
The government has set new standards related to communications, transparency and accountability, Min...
- 2:45 PM | LE2017/ Police shouldn't be at disposal of political parties during election campaign: minister
Not a single member of the Ministry of the Interior (MoI) should put themselves at the disposal of a...
- 2:09 PM | No new cases of measles reported, vaccination to be priority: Centre for Public Health
No new cases of measles are reported while five people infected with measles on Friday are in good h...
- 2:00 PM | Macedonia to implement EU's experience in bankruptcy and liquidation of companies: conference
Sharing of experiences and best practices of the EU and the region to curb negative consequences whe...
- 1:26 PM | LE2017: SDSM kicks off campaign in Bitola, VMRO-DPMNE in Ohrid
The 20-day campaign of political parties, coalitions and independent candidates at the local electio...