- Monday, March 20, 2017 9:47 AM
Washington, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - Macedonians from the Washington DC metro area gathered in front of the White House on Sunday in a rally in support of the initiative For a United Macedonia. Waving Macedonian flags and carrying signs calling for unity, they asked that the Republic of Macedonia continues to protect its identity and language.
"We express our full support to our brothers and sisters in Macedonia. We need to preserve our only motherland, our freedom and independence. Now, that we are finally our own masters, we can't let somebody else decide on our future, the future of our children and grandchildren. Macedonia is our country! Macedonians will decide for Macedonia, and no-one else", protest participant Milka Kovach told the Macedonian Television.
Rallies have been held daily across Macedonia in the past three weeks, as well as in cities across the world, to protest the Tirana platform and the proposal to form a Socialist led Government based on the platform.cc/09:46
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...