- Monday, March 20, 2017 1:23 PM
Skopje, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - State Statistics Bureau informed that the unemployment rate for 2016 was at 23,7 percent, and the employment rate reached 43,1 percent. The labour participation rate is 56,5 percent.
By numbers, out of 948.599 persons in the active age group, 723.550 were employed and 225.049 registered as unemployed. The results show an improvement compared to 2015. The unemployment rate then was at 26,1 percent, and employment was at 42,1 percent with the labour participation rate at 57 percent. In the fourth quarter of 2016, the unemployment rate fell further, to 23,1 percent, a historic low for Macedonia.
By gender, men make up 61,3 percent of the active workforce over 15, while women are 38,7 percent. The Bureau informed that 555.894 people were employed in privately owned companies, while 167.657 worked for companies with public or mixed ownership structures.cc/13:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:53 PM | Turkey's Erdogan says 'arena' to be removed from stadia names
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday ordered the removal of the word 'arena' from sports stadia ...
- 8:33 PM | SDSM's Zaev hopes for Macedonia to get new government by end of next week
Progress has been made in negotiations on a formation of new government, PM-designate and SDSM leade...
- 7:38 PM | G7 summit agrees on countering terrorism but not climate change
Leaders of the world's leading industrial nations, the G7, have agreed on new action to counter terr...
- 6:16 PM | Macedonia, Vatican to advance cooperation, President Ivanov says after Pope Francis audience
Ways to boost cooperation between Macedonia and Vatican, challenges stemming from the migrant crisis...
- 6:08 PM | DUI's Ahmeti meets US Ambassador Baily
Ali Ahmeti, leader of the Democratic Union for Integration (DUI), and US Ambassador to Macedonia Jes...