- Monday, March 20, 2017 1:23 PM
Skopje, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - State Statistics Bureau informed that the unemployment rate for 2016 was at 23,7 percent, and the employment rate reached 43,1 percent. The labour participation rate is 56,5 percent.
By numbers, out of 948.599 persons in the active age group, 723.550 were employed and 225.049 registered as unemployed. The results show an improvement compared to 2015. The unemployment rate then was at 26,1 percent, and employment was at 42,1 percent with the labour participation rate at 57 percent. In the fourth quarter of 2016, the unemployment rate fell further, to 23,1 percent, a historic low for Macedonia.
By gender, men make up 61,3 percent of the active workforce over 15, while women are 38,7 percent. The Bureau informed that 555.894 people were employed in privately owned companies, while 167.657 worked for companies with public or mixed ownership structures.cc/13:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:35 PM | Parliament will resume debate on the law on the use of languages after the elections
The debate on the hotly contested law on the use of languages, which would expand the official use o...
- 4:30 PM | Measles outbreak in Gazi Baba worries officials
A partial measles epidemic was declared in the Gazi Baba area of Skopje by the Committee on Infectio...
- 3:25 PM | Taravari says Health Ministry operates well even as he runs for Mayor of Gostivar
Health Minister Arben Taravari held a press conference on Saturday to detail his first 100 days in o...
- 3:09 PM | High school student kidnapped over several hours in Kumanovo on Friday
A female high-school student from the Pero Nakov school in Kumanovo was kidnapped over several hours...
- 2:07 PM | Zaev meets Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Pham
During his stay at the United Nations General Assembly, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met with the Deput...