- Monday, March 20, 2017 1:23 PM
Skopje, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - State Statistics Bureau informed that the unemployment rate for 2016 was at 23,7 percent, and the employment rate reached 43,1 percent. The labour participation rate is 56,5 percent.
By numbers, out of 948.599 persons in the active age group, 723.550 were employed and 225.049 registered as unemployed. The results show an improvement compared to 2015. The unemployment rate then was at 26,1 percent, and employment was at 42,1 percent with the labour participation rate at 57 percent. In the fourth quarter of 2016, the unemployment rate fell further, to 23,1 percent, a historic low for Macedonia.
By gender, men make up 61,3 percent of the active workforce over 15, while women are 38,7 percent. The Bureau informed that 555.894 people were employed in privately owned companies, while 167.657 worked for companies with public or mixed ownership structures.cc/13:22
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | Russian 'propaganda on steroids' aimed at 2016 U.S. election: lawmaker
Russia mounted a campaign of "propaganda on steroids" seeking to influence the 2016 U.S. presidentia...
- 9:10 PM | NATO, Russia, share troop information, at odds over Ukraine
NATO's chief says the allies and Russia remain at loggerheads over the conflict in Ukraine but have ...
- 8:38 PM | Two former Parliament speakers voice support for United Macedonia Initiative
Two former Parliament speakers gave speeches to supporters of the United Macedonia Initiative, who t...
- 6:15 PM | Dimitriev: EU is Macedonia's top priority
We used this opportunity to reaffirm our position that European Union membership remains Macedonia's...
- 5:56 PM | Ombudsman Memeti presents 2016 report on respect of human rights in Macedonia
No progress has been registered in terms of respecting the human rights and freedoms in Macedonia, O...