- Monday, March 20, 2017 6:33 PM
Budapest, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - An interference of other countries in Macedonia's internal affairs is unacceptable for Hungary. New snap poll is necessary for resolving the political crisis in Macedonia, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said Monday at a meeting with Macedonia's President Gjorge Ivanov in Budapest.
Ivanov extended gratitude to Hungary on its overall support of Macedonia in regard to the constitutional name, challenges deriving from illegal migration, as well as the request to the EU Council to condemn the so-called 'Tirana platform'.
Ivanov briefed Orban on the developments in Macedonia, possible solutions to the crisis, reiterating his positions - elimination of the obstacles to awarding a mandate for forming a new government or calling new early elections.
Hungary stands firmly against the 'Tirana platform', Orban said, pointing out that the EU stability is not possible without stable Macedonia.
'Hungary will keep supporting Macedonia,' Orban said, presenting his opinion to Ivanov on the lack of consensus within the EU Council on the challenges Macedonia has been facing.
The EU approach to Macedonia was inappropriate, Orban said, adding that the country should have joined the Union and NATO long time ago.
Today, Ivanov also held talks with his Hungarian counterpart Janos Ader and Parliament Speaker Laszlo Kover. lk/18:32
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...