- Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM
Bucharest, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Marines and Romanian troops are taking part in joint exercises on the Black Sea coast, AP reports.
In one maneuver Monday, they launched a Stinger missile at a surface-to-air firing range.
There are 450 Marines and 750 Romanian troops participating in the exercises to simulate defense of the Black Sea coastline and urban areas.
The Spring Storm 17 exercises aim to increase interoperability of Romanian and U.S. troops in a region where NATO members are uneasy after Russia's interventions in Ukraine.
The USS Carter Hall, LCAC Landing Craft Air Cushion and Assault Amphibious Vehicles are in Romania as part of the training, which began Thursday and ends Wednesday. lk/19:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...