- Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM
Bucharest, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Marines and Romanian troops are taking part in joint exercises on the Black Sea coast, AP reports.
In one maneuver Monday, they launched a Stinger missile at a surface-to-air firing range.
There are 450 Marines and 750 Romanian troops participating in the exercises to simulate defense of the Black Sea coastline and urban areas.
The Spring Storm 17 exercises aim to increase interoperability of Romanian and U.S. troops in a region where NATO members are uneasy after Russia's interventions in Ukraine.
The USS Carter Hall, LCAC Landing Craft Air Cushion and Assault Amphibious Vehicles are in Romania as part of the training, which began Thursday and ends Wednesday. lk/19:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | Russian 'propaganda on steroids' aimed at 2016 U.S. election: lawmaker
Russia mounted a campaign of "propaganda on steroids" seeking to influence the 2016 U.S. presidentia...
- 9:10 PM | NATO, Russia, share troop information, at odds over Ukraine
NATO's chief says the allies and Russia remain at loggerheads over the conflict in Ukraine but have ...
- 8:38 PM | Two former Parliament speakers voice support for United Macedonia Initiative
Two former Parliament speakers gave speeches to supporters of the United Macedonia Initiative, who t...
- 6:15 PM | Dimitriev: EU is Macedonia's top priority
We used this opportunity to reaffirm our position that European Union membership remains Macedonia's...
- 5:56 PM | Ombudsman Memeti presents 2016 report on respect of human rights in Macedonia
No progress has been registered in terms of respecting the human rights and freedoms in Macedonia, O...