- Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM
Bucharest, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Marines and Romanian troops are taking part in joint exercises on the Black Sea coast, AP reports.
In one maneuver Monday, they launched a Stinger missile at a surface-to-air firing range.
There are 450 Marines and 750 Romanian troops participating in the exercises to simulate defense of the Black Sea coastline and urban areas.
The Spring Storm 17 exercises aim to increase interoperability of Romanian and U.S. troops in a region where NATO members are uneasy after Russia's interventions in Ukraine.
The USS Carter Hall, LCAC Landing Craft Air Cushion and Assault Amphibious Vehicles are in Romania as part of the training, which began Thursday and ends Wednesday. lk/19:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:25 PM | German textile company launches brownfield investment in Veles
A plant, where technical and industrial textile will be manufactured, was inaugurated Saturday withi...
- 4:34 PM | Trump says he'll decide on Paris climate deal next week
President Donald Trump says he'll make a final decision on whether the U.S. will stay in the Paris c...
- 4:28 PM | Erdogan says EU presented Turkey with new 12-month diplomatic timetable: Hurriyet
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said the European Union had presented Turkey with a new 12-month ti...
- 3:09 PM | SDSM holds its 22nd congress in Skopje
As fresh opportunity is being offered to reconstruct the society, I will fight with all my heart aga...
- 2:43 PM | Palestinians in Israeli jails end 40-day hunger strike
More than 1,000 Palestinians held in Israeli jails ended a mass hunger strike against detention cond...