- Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM
Bucharest, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Marines and Romanian troops are taking part in joint exercises on the Black Sea coast, AP reports.
In one maneuver Monday, they launched a Stinger missile at a surface-to-air firing range.
There are 450 Marines and 750 Romanian troops participating in the exercises to simulate defense of the Black Sea coastline and urban areas.
The Spring Storm 17 exercises aim to increase interoperability of Romanian and U.S. troops in a region where NATO members are uneasy after Russia's interventions in Ukraine.
The USS Carter Hall, LCAC Landing Craft Air Cushion and Assault Amphibious Vehicles are in Romania as part of the training, which began Thursday and ends Wednesday. lk/19:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:56 PM | Romania blocks Russian deputy PM from entering EU airspace
Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin had to scrap a trip to Moldova on Friday after his plan...
- 5:09 PM | Ambassador Baily: US works to see Macedonia join NATO
The 'Dragoon Guardian 17' exercise is an excellent opportunity for strengthening the cooperation bet...
- 4:31 PM | Vice-Premier Osmani: Local elections - test for reviving Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic agenda
Forthcoming local elections will be a test whether Macedonia has succeeded to return on the path of ...
- 4:24 PM | Heated Parliament debate on the budget, Bulgaria treaty
The debate in the Macedonian Parliament on Friday descended into protracted arguments between Speake...
- 3:43 PM | 50 injured in train station accident in Barcelona
Some 50 people needed medical treatment after a Spanish commuter train crashed into the buffers in a...