- Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM
Bucharest, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Marines and Romanian troops are taking part in joint exercises on the Black Sea coast, AP reports.
In one maneuver Monday, they launched a Stinger missile at a surface-to-air firing range.
There are 450 Marines and 750 Romanian troops participating in the exercises to simulate defense of the Black Sea coastline and urban areas.
The Spring Storm 17 exercises aim to increase interoperability of Romanian and U.S. troops in a region where NATO members are uneasy after Russia's interventions in Ukraine.
The USS Carter Hall, LCAC Landing Craft Air Cushion and Assault Amphibious Vehicles are in Romania as part of the training, which began Thursday and ends Wednesday. lk/19:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 PM | CoE Muiznieks: Reconciliation stalled in Western Balkans
Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights Nils Muiznieks voiced concern Tuesday that the rec...
- 7:52 PM | Debate on amendments to draft law on languages adjourned
The Committee on European Affairs adjourned Tuesday its debate on amendments to the draft law on lan...
- 7:23 PM | MATTO: Macedonia to bolster cooperation with Turkish regions
There is room for Macedonia and Turkey to at least triple their trade exchange, namely to increase i...
- 6:23 PM | PM Zaev in Belgrade - meetings with non-resident ambassadors, opposition DP leader Sutanovac
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev briefed Tuesday in Belgrade the non-resident ambassadors that also cover M...
- 5:21 PM | Robert Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe's president after 37 years
Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe resigned as president Tuesday after 37 years in power, as parliament began ...