- Monday, March 20, 2017 8:34 PM
Skopje, 20 March 2017 (MIA) - Rallies of the 'Civic Initiative for United Macedonia' resumed Monday in Skopje, across the country, with protesters reaffirming their demands for preserving Macedonia's unitary status and rejecting the so-called 'Tirana platform'.
Today the protesters sent a message to President Gjorge Ivanov to not succumb to pressure. They also reiterated their call for a meeting with Commissioner for European Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn.
'If the Commissioner refuses to meet us, who have been on the streets for 22 days, we will take care for him to hear us,' said Bogdan Ilevski, one of the rally organizers, announcing the largest protest for tomorrow.
If the international community cares for these people and country, the least it could do is to denounce the so-called 'Tirana platform', actor Vasil Zafircev said.
Macedonia is not yet full-fledged EU, NATO member because its name and identity are being denied, Zafircev said.
Today, the 'Civic Initiative for United Macedonia' organized rallies in about 30 cities across the country. lk/20:34
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...