- Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:36 PM
Skopje, 20 April 2017 (MIA) - Defense Minister Zoran Jolevski met Thursday with students and professors from the U.S. Stanford University, who are paying a visit to Macedonia.
The meeting focused on security and migrations, highlighting Macedonia's contribution to stability in the region and Europe, the Defense Ministry said in a press release.
"The Macedonian army and police successfully managed the illegal migration attempts. Since the very beginning we urged for communication and coordination among countries affected by the crisis", said Jolevski.
According to him, the army's capabilities have been acquired through numerous exercises with NATO member-states, but also at international peacekeeping missions.
During their stay, the Stanford University students will also meet with ambassadors accredited in Macedonia. ik/17:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:38 AM | Battle for Mosul: Iraq forces repel IS counter-attack
Fighters of so-called Islamic State (IS) have launched counter-attacks as they come under growing pr...
- 10:32 AM | Turkey rejects Arab terms to Qatar, US urges sides to talk
Turkey's president on Sunday rejected a demand by major Arab states to remove Turkish troops from Qa...
- 10:26 AM | Hahn and Priebe to discuss government's reform plans
Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations, will vis...
- 2:54 PM | Hahn to meet Zaev and to attend government’s thematic session on Monday
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev is to hold a meeting Monday with Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for European ...
- 2:29 PM | Overturned oil tanker explodes after Pakistan wreck, killing 148
An overturned oil tanker burst into flames in Pakistan on Sunday, killing more than 140 people who h...