- Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:36 PM
Skopje, 20 April 2017 (MIA) - Defense Minister Zoran Jolevski met Thursday with students and professors from the U.S. Stanford University, who are paying a visit to Macedonia.
The meeting focused on security and migrations, highlighting Macedonia's contribution to stability in the region and Europe, the Defense Ministry said in a press release.
"The Macedonian army and police successfully managed the illegal migration attempts. Since the very beginning we urged for communication and coordination among countries affected by the crisis", said Jolevski.
According to him, the army's capabilities have been acquired through numerous exercises with NATO member-states, but also at international peacekeeping missions.
During their stay, the Stanford University students will also meet with ambassadors accredited in Macedonia. ik/17:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:44 PM | UNICEF: Every child is entitled to healthy environment
Macedonia's Environment Minister Sadula Duraki and UNICEF Representative Benjamin Perks discussed We...
- 5:41 PM | Branko Gapo's digitized films promoted at Cinematheque of Macedonia
Digitized films and a DVD of the body of work of Macedonian film director Branko Gapo were promoted ...
- 5:11 PM | President Ivanov delivers lecture at Turkey's Council of Higher Education
President Gjorge Ivanov delivered Wednesday in Ankara a lecture on challenges of higher education in...
- 5:03 PM | Vice-Premier Osmani: Macedonia needs help for building national consensus on strategic issues
The European Commission's Strategy for the Western Balkan countries has accurately assessed Macedoni...
- 4:52 PM | European cities need to adapt now to future drought, floods - researchers
European cities in the second half of the century may face significantly worse heatwaves, deepening ...