- Friday, April 21, 2017 8:50 AM
Skopje, 21 April 2017 (MIA) - The Macedonian Parliament is set to continue its constitutive session on Friday and to discuss setting up the Committee on Elections and Appointments.
Discussions resumed on Thursday along similar lines, with the debate focused on the Tirana platform and with a filibuster on moving forward with the constitutive session.
The Commission on Election and Appointments should be made up of 13 members with VMRO-DPMNE being represented by six MPs, SDSM by five MPs and DUI and Besa by one legislator each.
Kicked off on December 30, 2016, the Parliament's constitutive session, was interrupted after no parliamentary majority had been secured to elect a Speaker of the Macedonian Assembly. sk/08:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:38 AM | Battle for Mosul: Iraq forces repel IS counter-attack
Fighters of so-called Islamic State (IS) have launched counter-attacks as they come under growing pr...
- 10:32 AM | Turkey rejects Arab terms to Qatar, US urges sides to talk
Turkey's president on Sunday rejected a demand by major Arab states to remove Turkish troops from Qa...
- 10:26 AM | Hahn and Priebe to discuss government's reform plans
Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations, will vis...
- 2:54 PM | Hahn to meet Zaev and to attend government’s thematic session on Monday
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev is to hold a meeting Monday with Johannes Hahn, Commissioner for European ...
- 2:29 PM | Overturned oil tanker explodes after Pakistan wreck, killing 148
An overturned oil tanker burst into flames in Pakistan on Sunday, killing more than 140 people who h...