- Friday, April 21, 2017 8:50 AM
Skopje, 21 April 2017 (MIA) - The Macedonian Parliament is set to continue its constitutive session on Friday and to discuss setting up the Committee on Elections and Appointments.
Discussions resumed on Thursday along similar lines, with the debate focused on the Tirana platform and with a filibuster on moving forward with the constitutive session.
The Commission on Election and Appointments should be made up of 13 members with VMRO-DPMNE being represented by six MPs, SDSM by five MPs and DUI and Besa by one legislator each.
Kicked off on December 30, 2016, the Parliament's constitutive session, was interrupted after no parliamentary majority had been secured to elect a Speaker of the Macedonian Assembly. sk/08:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:44 PM | Serbia celebrates WWII liberation with new Russian aircraft
Serbia held a military parade and air show on Friday to celebrate the 73rd anniversary of its capita...
- 11:23 PM | Five decades of steel industry in Macedonia
A ceremony was held late Friday in Skopje in honor of the 50th anniversary of steel production in Ma...
- 9:44 PM | Dozens killed in two Afghan mosque attacks
Suicide bombers attacked two mosques in Afghanistan on Friday, killing at least 72 people including ...
- 9:37 PM | Sela: Alliance of Albanians will not leave government
Leader of the Alliance of Albanians Zijadin Sela denied Friday the claims that his party would leave...
- 9:21 PM | LE2017/ SDSM's Zaev asks citizens to elect DUI candidate for Gostivar mayor
Unity is the only concept that has a future in Macedonia, as it's the only way for Gostivar and Mace...