- Friday, April 21, 2017 8:50 AM
Skopje, 21 April 2017 (MIA) - The Macedonian Parliament is set to continue its constitutive session on Friday and to discuss setting up the Committee on Elections and Appointments.
Discussions resumed on Thursday along similar lines, with the debate focused on the Tirana platform and with a filibuster on moving forward with the constitutive session.
The Commission on Election and Appointments should be made up of 13 members with VMRO-DPMNE being represented by six MPs, SDSM by five MPs and DUI and Besa by one legislator each.
Kicked off on December 30, 2016, the Parliament's constitutive session, was interrupted after no parliamentary majority had been secured to elect a Speaker of the Macedonian Assembly. sk/08:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:10 PM | Macedonia - NATO DPRC meeting in Brussels
Macedonia and NATO Deputy Permanent Representatives Committee (DPRC) held a regular meeting Monday i...
- 6:26 PM | Pipe bomb strapped to man explodes in NYC subway, injuring 4
A crude pipe bomb strapped to a man inspired by the Islamic State group went off Monday in a crowded...
- 6:11 PM | DUI leader Ahmeti meets US State Department official Palmer
Democratic Union for Integration (DUI) leader Ali Ahmeti and US State Department Director for South ...
- 6:11 PM | International Anti-Corruption Day: Politicians commit to zero tolerance for corruption
Corruption alongside inequality, poor governance and illegal financial transactions can instill inse...
- 5:18 PM | Macedonia's defense budget up by 15% in 2018
The defense budget of Macedonia in 2018 will increase by 15 percent, thus being estimated at a total...