- Friday, April 21, 2017 3:47 PM
Skopje, 21 April 2017 (MIA) - After 44 years, the Macedonian capital will get a new amusement park, which will replace the existing and obsolete Luna Park in the Skopje City Park.
Covering an area of 25,000 square meters, the amusement park will boast 27 rides, including 3 adrenaline rides, six family rides and 18 children rides. It will also feature carousels, roller coasters, swings, etc.
"The new amusement park, set to be built in several stages, is estimated to be worth EUR 6,5 million to cover expenses for construction works, procurement and installation of rides," Skopje Mayor Koce Trajanovski told reporters Friday after surveying works for the construction of the new amusement park in Skopje.
The new park will also feature restaurants, a theater, administrative facilities, enter and exit paths, etc.
Mayor Trajanovski said the amusement park would be financed by the City of Skopje after several failed attempts to find business partners for a public-private partnership. ba/15:45
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:12 PM | Ahmeti: Majority of our requirements included in government's programme
DUI leader Ali Ahmeti said after Wednesday's meeting with parliamentary parties of ethnic Albanians ...
- 6:50 PM | Future of the EU-27 is priority in Brexit negotiations, Merkel says
Germany and its European Union peers will conduct divorce talks with Britain in a friendly fashion, ...
- 6:47 PM | Security tops agenda as Cyprus peace talks resume
Rival sides in Cyprus' decades-old dispute have exchanged some "creative ideas" on bridging differen...
- 5:39 PM | At least 15 dead in cluster bomb attack in eastern Syria
At least 15 people were killed in a cluster bomb attack on an ISIS-held village in eastern Syria on ...
- 5:14 PM | European Affairs Committee to call Parliament to adopt a declaration for speeding up Macedonia's EU-integration
The country has made progress bringing about fresh start that fuels hope and optimism among citizens...