- Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:18 PM
Vienna, 17 June 2017 (MIA) - The United Nations' special envoy for Syria says he plans a new round of peace talks in Geneva next month, AP reports.
Staffan de Mistura's office said Saturday that the aim is for delegates to arrive in the Swiss city on July 9 and for talks — the seventh round so far — to start the following day. It didn't specify how long the round is expected to last.
It said that de Mistura plans to convene further rounds of talks in August and September.
The U.N.-hosted Geneva talks between parties to the conflict in Syria are the main political forum for efforts to end the six-year conflict. ik/16:17
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:26 AM | Spanish police kills five Islamists in follow-up attack south of Barcelona
Spanish police said that it has killed five suspected Islamists who perpetrated a follow up terror a...
- 10:02 AM | Vardar scored major win against Fenerbahce, Milan sinks Shkendija
Macedonian champion Vardar scored a major win against Turkish Fenerbahce in their first Europa Leagu...
- 8:26 PM | Police confirm arrest of 1 suspect in Barcelona
The police force for Spain's Catalonia region says it has arrested a man in the Barcelona van attack...
- 8:18 PM | Judicial Council deprives five judges of immunity
Macedonia's Judicial Council has deprived of immunity five judges of the Administrative Court, indic...
- 7:37 PM | Van mows down crowd in Barcelona, 13 reported killed
A van plowed into crowds in the heart of Barcelona on Thursday and Spanish media reported at least 1...