- Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:18 PM
Vienna, 17 June 2017 (MIA) - The United Nations' special envoy for Syria says he plans a new round of peace talks in Geneva next month, AP reports.
Staffan de Mistura's office said Saturday that the aim is for delegates to arrive in the Swiss city on July 9 and for talks — the seventh round so far — to start the following day. It didn't specify how long the round is expected to last.
It said that de Mistura plans to convene further rounds of talks in August and September.
The U.N.-hosted Geneva talks between parties to the conflict in Syria are the main political forum for efforts to end the six-year conflict. ik/16:17
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:10 PM | Macedonia - NATO DPRC meeting in Brussels
Macedonia and NATO Deputy Permanent Representatives Committee (DPRC) held a regular meeting Monday i...
- 6:26 PM | Pipe bomb strapped to man explodes in NYC subway, injuring 4
A crude pipe bomb strapped to a man inspired by the Islamic State group went off Monday in a crowded...
- 6:11 PM | DUI leader Ahmeti meets US State Department official Palmer
Democratic Union for Integration (DUI) leader Ali Ahmeti and US State Department Director for South ...
- 6:11 PM | International Anti-Corruption Day: Politicians commit to zero tolerance for corruption
Corruption alongside inequality, poor governance and illegal financial transactions can instill inse...
- 5:18 PM | Macedonia's defense budget up by 15% in 2018
The defense budget of Macedonia in 2018 will increase by 15 percent, thus being estimated at a total...