- Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:18 PM
Vienna, 17 June 2017 (MIA) - The United Nations' special envoy for Syria says he plans a new round of peace talks in Geneva next month, AP reports.
Staffan de Mistura's office said Saturday that the aim is for delegates to arrive in the Swiss city on July 9 and for talks — the seventh round so far — to start the following day. It didn't specify how long the round is expected to last.
It said that de Mistura plans to convene further rounds of talks in August and September.
The U.N.-hosted Geneva talks between parties to the conflict in Syria are the main political forum for efforts to end the six-year conflict. ik/16:17
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:04 PM | Hahn: All responsible actors to concentrate on the tasks ahead
After all events I have witnessed in this country, I am glad to see new dynamics of events aimed at ...
- 4:03 PM | Two fresh earthquakes felt in Ohrid, Struga and Resen
The Seismological Observatory at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics in Skopje registere...
- 2:05 PM | The Ombudsman: Support of victims of torture is basis of democracy
The obligation to fight against torture and inhumane treatment should not only be declarative but it...
- 1:06 PM | Albania’s Socialists on track for win in low-turnout election
Albania's Socialist Party looked to have garnered almost half of the vote on Sunday, with voting ext...
- 12:18 PM | Jeremy Corbyn says he will be Prime Minister 'in six months'
Jeremy Corbyn has said he will be Prime Minister in six months, according to the founder of Glastonb...