- Saturday, June 17, 2017 4:18 PM
Vienna, 17 June 2017 (MIA) - The United Nations' special envoy for Syria says he plans a new round of peace talks in Geneva next month, AP reports.
Staffan de Mistura's office said Saturday that the aim is for delegates to arrive in the Swiss city on July 9 and for talks — the seventh round so far — to start the following day. It didn't specify how long the round is expected to last.
It said that de Mistura plans to convene further rounds of talks in August and September.
The U.N.-hosted Geneva talks between parties to the conflict in Syria are the main political forum for efforts to end the six-year conflict. ik/16:17
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:35 PM | DM Sekerinska activities at Munich Security Conference
At the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference (MSC), Macedonia's Defense Minister Radmila Seker...
- 4:00 PM | Speaker Xhaferi attends Kosovo independence celebration
Macedonian Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi attended Sunday the celebration marking the 10th anniver...
- 3:46 PM | BESA Movement elects Afrim Gasi for its leader
Afrim Gashi has been elected Sunday for a new leader of the opposition 'BESA' Movement. At the party...
- 3:19 PM | Massive tax bill takes fizz out of Coca-Cola result
US President Donald Trump's tax overhaul dealt a temporary blow to Coca-Cola, but the beverage giant...
- 2:52 PM | Macedonian Orthodox believers celebrate the Forgiveness Day
Macedonian Orthodox faithful celebrate Procka, a holiday that begins the Great Easter Lent period an...