- Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:27 AM
Ohrid, 18 June 2017 (MIA) - Two moderate earthquakes jolted the Ohrid region in Macedonia's southwest on Sunday morning. The first quake was felt at 02:01h followed by a weaker one at 08:00h.
The earthquakes were registered by the seismological laboratory at the Skopje-based Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, with the epicenters located between the towns of Ohrid and Resen.
The first quake was measured at 3,1 magnitude at a depth of five kilometers, while the second at 2,5 magnitude at a depth of 2km.
There are no reports of material damages. ik/10:26
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:10 PM | Macedonia - NATO DPRC meeting in Brussels
Macedonia and NATO Deputy Permanent Representatives Committee (DPRC) held a regular meeting Monday i...
- 6:26 PM | Pipe bomb strapped to man explodes in NYC subway, injuring 4
A crude pipe bomb strapped to a man inspired by the Islamic State group went off Monday in a crowded...
- 6:11 PM | DUI leader Ahmeti meets US State Department official Palmer
Democratic Union for Integration (DUI) leader Ali Ahmeti and US State Department Director for South ...
- 6:11 PM | International Anti-Corruption Day: Politicians commit to zero tolerance for corruption
Corruption alongside inequality, poor governance and illegal financial transactions can instill inse...
- 5:18 PM | Macedonia's defense budget up by 15% in 2018
The defense budget of Macedonia in 2018 will increase by 15 percent, thus being estimated at a total...