- Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:27 AM
Ohrid, 18 June 2017 (MIA) - Two moderate earthquakes jolted the Ohrid region in Macedonia's southwest on Sunday morning. The first quake was felt at 02:01h followed by a weaker one at 08:00h.
The earthquakes were registered by the seismological laboratory at the Skopje-based Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, with the epicenters located between the towns of Ohrid and Resen.
The first quake was measured at 3,1 magnitude at a depth of five kilometers, while the second at 2,5 magnitude at a depth of 2km.
There are no reports of material damages. ik/10:26
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:35 PM | DM Sekerinska activities at Munich Security Conference
At the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference (MSC), Macedonia's Defense Minister Radmila Seker...
- 4:00 PM | Speaker Xhaferi attends Kosovo independence celebration
Macedonian Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi attended Sunday the celebration marking the 10th anniver...
- 3:46 PM | BESA Movement elects Afrim Gasi for its leader
Afrim Gashi has been elected Sunday for a new leader of the opposition 'BESA' Movement. At the party...
- 3:19 PM | Massive tax bill takes fizz out of Coca-Cola result
US President Donald Trump's tax overhaul dealt a temporary blow to Coca-Cola, but the beverage giant...
- 2:52 PM | Macedonian Orthodox believers celebrate the Forgiveness Day
Macedonian Orthodox faithful celebrate Procka, a holiday that begins the Great Easter Lent period an...