- Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:27 AM
Ohrid, 18 June 2017 (MIA) - Two moderate earthquakes jolted the Ohrid region in Macedonia's southwest on Sunday morning. The first quake was felt at 02:01h followed by a weaker one at 08:00h.
The earthquakes were registered by the seismological laboratory at the Skopje-based Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, with the epicenters located between the towns of Ohrid and Resen.
The first quake was measured at 3,1 magnitude at a depth of five kilometers, while the second at 2,5 magnitude at a depth of 2km.
There are no reports of material damages. ik/10:26
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:04 PM | Hahn: All responsible actors to concentrate on the tasks ahead
After all events I have witnessed in this country, I am glad to see new dynamics of events aimed at ...
- 4:03 PM | Two fresh earthquakes felt in Ohrid, Struga and Resen
The Seismological Observatory at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics in Skopje registere...
- 2:05 PM | The Ombudsman: Support of victims of torture is basis of democracy
The obligation to fight against torture and inhumane treatment should not only be declarative but it...
- 1:06 PM | Albania’s Socialists on track for win in low-turnout election
Albania's Socialist Party looked to have garnered almost half of the vote on Sunday, with voting ext...
- 12:18 PM | Jeremy Corbyn says he will be Prime Minister 'in six months'
Jeremy Corbyn has said he will be Prime Minister in six months, according to the founder of Glastonb...