- Sunday, June 18, 2017 2:59 PM
Skopje, 18 June 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia-Turkey high-level relations are characterized by friendship and mutual respect, agreed VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu at a meeting in Skopje on Sunday.
Gruevski stressed that Turkey is an important friend of Macedonia and supporter to its NATO membership aspirations. He said EU and NATO accession is Macedonia's strategic objective, adding the country has been on the sidelines for too long with steps needed to acknowledge everything that has been achieved in this regard thus far, VMRO-DPMNE said in a press release.
Gruevski also highlighted the constructive and active role of the Turkish community in Macedonia's democratic development. ik/14:58
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:26 AM | Spanish police kills five Islamists in follow-up attack south of Barcelona
Spanish police said that it has killed five suspected Islamists who perpetrated a follow up terror a...
- 10:02 AM | Vardar scored major win against Fenerbahce, Milan sinks Shkendija
Macedonian champion Vardar scored a major win against Turkish Fenerbahce in their first Europa Leagu...
- 8:26 PM | Police confirm arrest of 1 suspect in Barcelona
The police force for Spain's Catalonia region says it has arrested a man in the Barcelona van attack...
- 8:18 PM | Judicial Council deprives five judges of immunity
Macedonia's Judicial Council has deprived of immunity five judges of the Administrative Court, indic...
- 7:37 PM | Van mows down crowd in Barcelona, 13 reported killed
A van plowed into crowds in the heart of Barcelona on Thursday and Spanish media reported at least 1...