- Sunday, June 18, 2017 2:59 PM
Skopje, 18 June 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia-Turkey high-level relations are characterized by friendship and mutual respect, agreed VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu at a meeting in Skopje on Sunday.
Gruevski stressed that Turkey is an important friend of Macedonia and supporter to its NATO membership aspirations. He said EU and NATO accession is Macedonia's strategic objective, adding the country has been on the sidelines for too long with steps needed to acknowledge everything that has been achieved in this regard thus far, VMRO-DPMNE said in a press release.
Gruevski also highlighted the constructive and active role of the Turkish community in Macedonia's democratic development. ik/14:58
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:04 PM | Hahn: All responsible actors to concentrate on the tasks ahead
After all events I have witnessed in this country, I am glad to see new dynamics of events aimed at ...
- 4:03 PM | Two fresh earthquakes felt in Ohrid, Struga and Resen
The Seismological Observatory at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics in Skopje registere...
- 2:05 PM | The Ombudsman: Support of victims of torture is basis of democracy
The obligation to fight against torture and inhumane treatment should not only be declarative but it...
- 1:06 PM | Albania’s Socialists on track for win in low-turnout election
Albania's Socialist Party looked to have garnered almost half of the vote on Sunday, with voting ext...
- 12:18 PM | Jeremy Corbyn says he will be Prime Minister 'in six months'
Jeremy Corbyn has said he will be Prime Minister in six months, according to the founder of Glastonb...