- Sunday, June 18, 2017 2:59 PM
Skopje, 18 June 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia-Turkey high-level relations are characterized by friendship and mutual respect, agreed VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu at a meeting in Skopje on Sunday.
Gruevski stressed that Turkey is an important friend of Macedonia and supporter to its NATO membership aspirations. He said EU and NATO accession is Macedonia's strategic objective, adding the country has been on the sidelines for too long with steps needed to acknowledge everything that has been achieved in this regard thus far, VMRO-DPMNE said in a press release.
Gruevski also highlighted the constructive and active role of the Turkish community in Macedonia's democratic development. ik/14:58
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:10 PM | Macedonia - NATO DPRC meeting in Brussels
Macedonia and NATO Deputy Permanent Representatives Committee (DPRC) held a regular meeting Monday i...
- 6:26 PM | Pipe bomb strapped to man explodes in NYC subway, injuring 4
A crude pipe bomb strapped to a man inspired by the Islamic State group went off Monday in a crowded...
- 6:11 PM | DUI leader Ahmeti meets US State Department official Palmer
Democratic Union for Integration (DUI) leader Ali Ahmeti and US State Department Director for South ...
- 6:11 PM | International Anti-Corruption Day: Politicians commit to zero tolerance for corruption
Corruption alongside inequality, poor governance and illegal financial transactions can instill inse...
- 5:18 PM | Macedonia's defense budget up by 15% in 2018
The defense budget of Macedonia in 2018 will increase by 15 percent, thus being estimated at a total...