- Monday, June 19, 2017 9:49 AM
Belgrade, 19 June 2017 (MIA) - Serbia will open two more chapters in its membership negotiations with the European Union on Monday, Tanjug reports.
Chapter 7 concerns intellectual property rights, while chapter 29 is dedicated to the customs union.
Alignment with the acquis in chapter 7 should bring Serbia greater legal security and acceleration of technological development, and is expected stimulation of creativity, as well as strengthen the fight against piracy, said the agency.
In order to successfully close chapter 29, automation of customs procedures, transit, export and import is required, and after that, there should be improved business environment, and higher budget revenues. sk/09:49
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:46 PM | Erdogan, Putin warn of further tension over US Jerusalem move
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin warned on Monday that ...
- 9:35 PM | Saakashvili freed by Ukraine court, urges government change
Mikheil Saakashvili, the former Georgian president turned opposition leader in Ukraine, walked free ...
- 9:21 PM | EU advances membership talks for Serbia, Montenegro
The EU on Monday opened new chapters in its membership talks with Serbia and Montenegro, countries w...
- 8:50 PM | Pentagon skeptical about Russia's Syria pullout claims
The Pentagon on Monday voiced skepticism about Russian President Vladimir Putin's announcement that ...
- 8:42 PM | Bosnian military attache in Netherlands arrested for war crimes
Bosnia/Herzegovina's military attache in the Netherlands Enes Jahic was arrested Monday on suspicion...