- Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:40 PM
Valona, 16 July 2017 (MIA) - A 24 year old man from Tetovo identified as B.F. drowned in the Albanian seaside resort town of Valona, while he was trying to save two women from drowning. The women, aged 25 and 27 from Tirana and Valona, also ended up dead.
The tragic incident happened on Saturday afternoon at the Zvernec beach. A strong wave swept the two women. Begged to help them out by the sister of one of them, the man entered the sea and swam toward them. Police also arrived at the scene and joined in the effort, but it too late.
Another 14 year old boy drowned on the same day in a separate incident in Valona.cc/12:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...