- Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:40 PM
Valona, 16 July 2017 (MIA) - A 24 year old man from Tetovo identified as B.F. drowned in the Albanian seaside resort town of Valona, while he was trying to save two women from drowning. The women, aged 25 and 27 from Tirana and Valona, also ended up dead.
The tragic incident happened on Saturday afternoon at the Zvernec beach. A strong wave swept the two women. Begged to help them out by the sister of one of them, the man entered the sea and swam toward them. Police also arrived at the scene and joined in the effort, but it too late.
Another 14 year old boy drowned on the same day in a separate incident in Valona.cc/12:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:22 PM | Tusk gives UK 'absolute deadline' to make Brexit offer
Britain has only 10 days left to deliver on all three areas of its divorce terms with the European U...
- 9:13 PM | Macedonia's Parliament joins global campaign against gender-based violence
Illuminated in orange Macedonia's Parliament has joined Friday the global initiative for putting an ...
- 8:16 PM | Supreme Court rules retrial for 'Monster' case
The Supreme Court accepted Friday the appeal filled by the defense in the 'Monster' case - murder of...
- 7:07 PM | Police respond to ‘shots fired’ at London’s Oxford Circus
British police flooded London’s busy Oxford Circus area Friday after receiving multiple reports of '...
- 5:50 PM | More than 230 killed in mosque in Egypt
Militants have launched a bomb and gun attack on a mosque in Egypt's North Sinai province, killing 2...