- Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:40 PM
Valona, 16 July 2017 (MIA) - A 24 year old man from Tetovo identified as B.F. drowned in the Albanian seaside resort town of Valona, while he was trying to save two women from drowning. The women, aged 25 and 27 from Tirana and Valona, also ended up dead.
The tragic incident happened on Saturday afternoon at the Zvernec beach. A strong wave swept the two women. Begged to help them out by the sister of one of them, the man entered the sea and swam toward them. Police also arrived at the scene and joined in the effort, but it too late.
Another 14 year old boy drowned on the same day in a separate incident in Valona.cc/12:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:00 PM | Jeff Bezos: Amazon founder is world's new richest man
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has overtaken Bill Gates to become the world's richest person, worth $91.4...
- 8:25 PM | Sweden's confidential data leak claims two minister jobs
Two Swedish ministers lost their jobs on Thursday over a huge leak of sensitive data that has rocked...
- 7:55 PM | Kosovo faces energy collapse with coal reserves down to two weeks
Kosovo is on the verge of an energy collapse with its power corporation holding only two-weeks worth...
- 7:47 PM | Hantaan virus - cause of death of two men from Simnica village
Test results from two labs have identified the Hantaan virus as a cause of death of a father and son...
- 6:10 PM | EU warns of possible delays to Brexit talks, London confident of schedule
Talks between Britain and the European Union on their future relationship are now less likely to sta...