- Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:40 PM
Valona, 16 July 2017 (MIA) - A 24 year old man from Tetovo identified as B.F. drowned in the Albanian seaside resort town of Valona, while he was trying to save two women from drowning. The women, aged 25 and 27 from Tirana and Valona, also ended up dead.
The tragic incident happened on Saturday afternoon at the Zvernec beach. A strong wave swept the two women. Begged to help them out by the sister of one of them, the man entered the sea and swam toward them. Police also arrived at the scene and joined in the effort, but it too late.
Another 14 year old boy drowned on the same day in a separate incident in Valona.cc/12:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:35 PM | DM Sekerinska activities at Munich Security Conference
At the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference (MSC), Macedonia's Defense Minister Radmila Seker...
- 4:00 PM | Speaker Xhaferi attends Kosovo independence celebration
Macedonian Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi attended Sunday the celebration marking the 10th anniver...
- 3:46 PM | BESA Movement elects Afrim Gasi for its leader
Afrim Gashi has been elected Sunday for a new leader of the opposition 'BESA' Movement. At the party...
- 3:19 PM | Massive tax bill takes fizz out of Coca-Cola result
US President Donald Trump's tax overhaul dealt a temporary blow to Coca-Cola, but the beverage giant...
- 2:52 PM | Macedonian Orthodox believers celebrate the Forgiveness Day
Macedonian Orthodox faithful celebrate Procka, a holiday that begins the Great Easter Lent period an...