- Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:35 PM
Skopje, 16 July 2017 (MIA) - On Saturday evening, the Macedonian Parliament adopted the final report on the implementation of the 2016 budget. This ended the protracted debate which lasted late into the night between Friday and Saturday, as VMRO-DPMNE used the option of debate between its now 10 separate groups in Parliament, while Speaker Talat Xhaferi, whose election VMRO-DPMNE disputes, said he will drag the debate into the weekend and the early morning hours.
Eventually, the Parliament voted with 92 votes in favor to accept the report. Also, the majority in Parliament decided to remove current Parliament Secretary General Zarko Denkovski, and to appoint Cvetanka Ivanova in his place. Ivanova is a former SDSM member of Parliament.cc/12:34
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:15 PM | Juncker says he’s lost track of Romanian prime ministers
There have been so many Romanian prime ministers of late that European Commission President Jean-Cla...
- 7:59 PM | PM Zaev, President Steinmeier commend Macedonia-Germany relations
Macedonia's Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Germany's President Frank-Walter Steinmeier voiced satisfa...
- 7:18 PM | Russia, Iran must help end 'massacre' in Syria enclave: Berlin
Germany on Wednesday urged Russia and Iran to push the Syrian regime to end the deadly airstrikes on...
- 5:44 PM | UNICEF: Every child is entitled to healthy environment
Macedonia's Environment Minister Sadula Duraki and UNICEF Representative Benjamin Perks discussed We...
- 5:41 PM | Branko Gapo's digitized films promoted at Cinematheque of Macedonia
Digitized films and a DVD of the body of work of Macedonian film director Branko Gapo were promoted ...