- Sunday, July 16, 2017 5:12 PM
Skopje, 16 July 2017 (MIA) - VMRO-DPMNE accused the ruling SDSM party of politicizing the Interior Ministry, after employees were ordered to submit requests to be transferred to lower positions, to make way for SDSM partisan activists in the Ministry.
"Threats are sent to Interior Ministry employees in Skopje and across the country. The target of this campaign are professionals who refuse to obey partisan orders given by Oliver Spasovski", said Sashe Pavlovski at a VMRO-DPMNE press conference. According to Pavlovski, these threats to force police officers to themselves submit requests to be re-assigned are illegal and contrary to the union rules.
"The Interior Ministry must disclose the number of re-assignments it has ordered in the past period, and what reasons were given when re-assigning individual officers. VMRO-DPMNE calls on the professionals in the police service not to succumb to threats from Spasovski and to seek justice if they are unlawfully reassigned. VMRO-DPMNE also calls on the representatives of the international community who monitor the work of the police to react timely and not allow the situation to get out of hand", Pavlovski added.cc/17:11
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:40 PM | Alternate FM Katrougalos announces Greece's intention to support Macedonia's bid to join Adriatic-Ionian Initiative
Alternate Minister for Foreign Affairs Giorgos Katrougalos in a letter to the EU Commissioners in ch...
- 6:40 PM | Academia Balkanica Europeana: The Balkans - an integral creative part of Europe
The European Academy of the Balkans based in Bucharest, also known as Academia Balkanica Europeana, ...
- 5:24 PM | Macedonian government promotes European behavior in Balkan region - DM Sekerinska tells DW
Thus far the Macedonian government has promoted a kind of different approach to policy-making and a ...
- 5:20 PM | New raids kill 13 in Syria suburb
A new wave of deadly Syrian government bombardment in the opposition-held eastern suburbs of the cap...
- 5:05 PM | 'May 25' scandal: 'Maximum' sentence to send clear message, says PM Zaev
I support maximum sentences for those who have committed such crimes like the ones involving an unde...