- Monday, July 17, 2017 10:00 AM
Athens, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - Greek taxpayers are being stunned by the realization that demands concerning their 2016 incomes are up to twice as high as last year, Kathimerini daily reports.
Changes to the tax system have sent rates soaring for the 40 percent of taxpayers that have been notified of the additional tax they will have to pay. Changes in income brackets as well as in the brackets used for calculating the solidarity tax are mainly responsible for increasing taxpayers’ burden this year. This mainly concerns salaried workers and freelance professionals, as well as taxpayers with revenues from properties.
In some cases the annual difference in the tax due is more than the difference between the incomes of 2015 and 2016. For instance, a taxpayer with incomes of 66,000 euros in 2015 and 76,000 euros in 2016 is now forced to pay tax amounting to 21,646 euros, against 10,692 euros last year. This means that the extra 10,000 euros he or she managed to earn last year is being siphoned off by the taxman. sk/09:59
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...