- Monday, July 17, 2017 12:48 PM
Skopje, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - The Parliament's Finances and Budget Committee began Monday debating the 2017 Budget rebalance.
Finance Minister Dragan Tevdovski elaborated the proposal, saying the rebalance aims at reducing unproductive expenditures and open room for realization of the government's policies.
Expenditures on goods and services have been cut by about MKD 2 billion (EUR 32,5 million) compared to the initial projection.
"Expenditures for official trips, representation, economic presentations and advertising have been cut", added Tevdovski.
The rebalance projects MKD 23,4 billion (EUR 380 million) for capital expenditures.
Regarding unpaid liabilities, the Finance Ministry is currently working on a project together with the World Bank over their servicing.
The rebalance projects the GDP growth at 2.2 percent and a budget deficit of 2.9 percent.
According to the Parliament's Rules of Procedures, the commission debate on the budget rebalance can last up to 10 working days. ik/12:46
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...