- Monday, July 17, 2017 2:31 PM
Skopje, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - Supreme Court president Jovan Vangelovski met Monday with the Senior Experts' Group on systemic rule of law issues, led by Reinhard Priebe.
The meeting focused on current developments in the judicial field and draft-measures and reforms aimed at an independent and impartial judiciary as a guarantee for democracy and the rule of law, protection of human rights and liberties, the Supreme Court said in a press release.
The Senior Experts' Group pays a week-long visit to Macedonia.
Priebe led the Senior Experts' Group that drew up the Urgent Reform Priorities to be fulfilled by the Republic of Macedonia in the fields of rule of law and fundamental rights, de-politicisation of the public administration, freedom of expression and electoral reform. ik/14:27
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:00 PM | Jeff Bezos: Amazon founder is world's new richest man
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has overtaken Bill Gates to become the world's richest person, worth $91.4...
- 8:25 PM | Sweden's confidential data leak claims two minister jobs
Two Swedish ministers lost their jobs on Thursday over a huge leak of sensitive data that has rocked...
- 7:55 PM | Kosovo faces energy collapse with coal reserves down to two weeks
Kosovo is on the verge of an energy collapse with its power corporation holding only two-weeks worth...
- 7:47 PM | Hantaan virus - cause of death of two men from Simnica village
Test results from two labs have identified the Hantaan virus as a cause of death of a father and son...
- 6:10 PM | EU warns of possible delays to Brexit talks, London confident of schedule
Talks between Britain and the European Union on their future relationship are now less likely to sta...