- Monday, July 17, 2017 2:31 PM
Skopje, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - Supreme Court president Jovan Vangelovski met Monday with the Senior Experts' Group on systemic rule of law issues, led by Reinhard Priebe.
The meeting focused on current developments in the judicial field and draft-measures and reforms aimed at an independent and impartial judiciary as a guarantee for democracy and the rule of law, protection of human rights and liberties, the Supreme Court said in a press release.
The Senior Experts' Group pays a week-long visit to Macedonia.
Priebe led the Senior Experts' Group that drew up the Urgent Reform Priorities to be fulfilled by the Republic of Macedonia in the fields of rule of law and fundamental rights, de-politicisation of the public administration, freedom of expression and electoral reform. ik/14:27
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...