- Monday, July 17, 2017 2:31 PM
Skopje, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - Supreme Court president Jovan Vangelovski met Monday with the Senior Experts' Group on systemic rule of law issues, led by Reinhard Priebe.
The meeting focused on current developments in the judicial field and draft-measures and reforms aimed at an independent and impartial judiciary as a guarantee for democracy and the rule of law, protection of human rights and liberties, the Supreme Court said in a press release.
The Senior Experts' Group pays a week-long visit to Macedonia.
Priebe led the Senior Experts' Group that drew up the Urgent Reform Priorities to be fulfilled by the Republic of Macedonia in the fields of rule of law and fundamental rights, de-politicisation of the public administration, freedom of expression and electoral reform. ik/14:27
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:15 PM | Juncker says he’s lost track of Romanian prime ministers
There have been so many Romanian prime ministers of late that European Commission President Jean-Cla...
- 7:59 PM | PM Zaev, President Steinmeier commend Macedonia-Germany relations
Macedonia's Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Germany's President Frank-Walter Steinmeier voiced satisfa...
- 7:18 PM | Russia, Iran must help end 'massacre' in Syria enclave: Berlin
Germany on Wednesday urged Russia and Iran to push the Syrian regime to end the deadly airstrikes on...
- 5:44 PM | UNICEF: Every child is entitled to healthy environment
Macedonia's Environment Minister Sadula Duraki and UNICEF Representative Benjamin Perks discussed We...
- 5:41 PM | Branko Gapo's digitized films promoted at Cinematheque of Macedonia
Digitized films and a DVD of the body of work of Macedonian film director Branko Gapo were promoted ...