- Monday, July 17, 2017 5:44 PM
Skopje, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - Judges of Skopje-based Criminal Court held talks Monday with the Senior Experts' Group on systemic rule of law issues, led by Reinhard Priebe.
The 2015 report and recommendations of the Expert's Group set the basis for judicial reforms, the meeting attendees said.
The judges notified the need on their more active inclusion in the process of drafting the rules on matters related to financing the judiciary, appointment, career advancement of judges, performance criteria, etc.
They also voiced support of the ongoing processes for strengthening their independence that would restore the public confidence in Macedonia's judicial system, the Court said in a press release.
Only independent judiciary can be a guarantor of the citizens' rights and freedom, the meeting concluded.
The Senior Experts' Group pays a week-long visit to Macedonia.
Priebe is at the helm of the Senior Experts' Group that drew up the Urgent Reform Priorities to be fulfilled by the Republic of Macedonia in the fields of rule of law and fundamental rights, de-politicisation of the public administration, freedom of expression and electoral reform. lk/17:43
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...