- Monday, July 17, 2017 6:06 PM
Thessaloniki, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - A sudden and heavy rainfall in Thessaloniki and other parts of northern Greece caused major traffic disruption and other problems on Monday.
Due to the hours of rainfall, many regional roads were flooded, blocking motorists and leading to several road accidents though no injuries had been reported by late afternoon, Kathimerini reported.
In Halkidiki, where similar weather conditions prevailed, the regional fire service was called dozens of times to pump out flooded ground-floor and basement apartments and businesses. ba/18:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:00 PM | Spanish police acts to stop the planned independence referendum in Catalonia
Spanish police arrested 12 people Wednesday in raids on offices of the regional government of Catalo...
- 12:52 PM | Transportation Minister Sugareski asks for help from the opposition over the Chinese highway contracts
The 16th Parliament session that began on Wednesday, during which the Transportation Ministry was tr...
- 12:25 PM | Referendums on migrants in parallel with local elections disrupts both processes: deputy-minister
The State Local Self-Government Inspectorate is to establish whether the question for the referendum...
- 12:10 PM | Chamber welcome Government business proposals, Angjusev's decision to stop bidding for public procurement contracts
The Macedonian Chamber of Commerce (SKM) said on Wednesday that it supports the Government's proposa...
- 12:04 PM | Angjusev: Only 18 percent of territory covered by sewerage, Skopje boasting with monuments
Macedonia is an exceptionally unequally developed country. Only 18 percent of the population is cove...