- Monday, July 17, 2017 6:06 PM
Thessaloniki, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - A sudden and heavy rainfall in Thessaloniki and other parts of northern Greece caused major traffic disruption and other problems on Monday.
Due to the hours of rainfall, many regional roads were flooded, blocking motorists and leading to several road accidents though no injuries had been reported by late afternoon, Kathimerini reported.
In Halkidiki, where similar weather conditions prevailed, the regional fire service was called dozens of times to pump out flooded ground-floor and basement apartments and businesses. ba/18:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 PM | CoE Muiznieks: Reconciliation stalled in Western Balkans
Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights Nils Muiznieks voiced concern Tuesday that the rec...
- 7:52 PM | Debate on amendments to draft law on languages adjourned
The Committee on European Affairs adjourned Tuesday its debate on amendments to the draft law on lan...
- 7:23 PM | MATTO: Macedonia to bolster cooperation with Turkish regions
There is room for Macedonia and Turkey to at least triple their trade exchange, namely to increase i...
- 6:23 PM | PM Zaev in Belgrade - meetings with non-resident ambassadors, opposition DP leader Sutanovac
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev briefed Tuesday in Belgrade the non-resident ambassadors that also cover M...
- 5:21 PM | Robert Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe's president after 37 years
Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe resigned as president Tuesday after 37 years in power, as parliament began ...