- Monday, July 17, 2017 6:48 PM
Athens, 17 July 2017 (MIA) - I had a very interesting and serious meeting with Mr (Matthew) Nimetz, who recently visited Skopje. He informed me about the climate there, Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias told reporters on Monday in Brussels after his meeting with the UN mediator in Greece-Macedonia negotiations on the name dispute.
Kotzias said he briefed Nimetz about the position of official Athens after the meetings of Greek authorities with the 'new government of our northern neighbor,' Greece's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
'We agreed to stay in touch and to look for ways in which we could open a process to find a solution,' Kotzias said.
Asked if Greece has indications of goodwill on the part of the Skopje government, Kotzias said there was communication, but its commitment to that effect is yet to be demonstrated. lk/18:45
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 PM | CoE Muiznieks: Reconciliation stalled in Western Balkans
Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights Nils Muiznieks voiced concern Tuesday that the rec...
- 7:52 PM | Debate on amendments to draft law on languages adjourned
The Committee on European Affairs adjourned Tuesday its debate on amendments to the draft law on lan...
- 7:23 PM | MATTO: Macedonia to bolster cooperation with Turkish regions
There is room for Macedonia and Turkey to at least triple their trade exchange, namely to increase i...
- 6:23 PM | PM Zaev in Belgrade - meetings with non-resident ambassadors, opposition DP leader Sutanovac
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev briefed Tuesday in Belgrade the non-resident ambassadors that also cover M...
- 5:21 PM | Robert Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe's president after 37 years
Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe resigned as president Tuesday after 37 years in power, as parliament began ...