- Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:02 PM
Algiers, 18 July 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia opened the Men's Junior World Handball Championship with a 29:22 win over Russia on Tuesday.
Despite losing 10:11 at halftime, Macedonia managed to take the lead in the second half and never looked back.
Filip Arsenovski was Macedonia's leading scorer with seven goals, followed by Filip Kuzmanovski with 6, while goalkeeper Martin Tomovski had 10 saves.
In the Group C other matches, Spain beat Brazil 29:21 while Tunisia crushed Burkina Faso 50:17.
In the second round to be played on Thursday, Macedonia goes against Burkina Faso.
The top four teams in the group advance to the Last 16 stage. ik/17:00
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:56 PM | Skopje Aqueduct to be restored
The Skopje Aqueduct will be restored to feature several accompanying recreational and cultural point...
- 3:30 PM | Air strikes resume hours after UN approves ceasefire
Air strikes by the Syrian government on a rebel-held enclave have continued despite a ceasefire reso...
- 3:25 PM | Turkish army kills over 2,000 militants in Afrin Operation
More than 2,000 PYD/PKK and Islamic State (IS) militants have been killed since the launch of Operat...
- 3:03 PM | Court extends detention of ex-minister and MPs
The Court of Appeals in Skopje yesterday extended the detention of 13 people, including former inter...
- 2:40 PM | Macedonian, Serbian agriculture ministers expected to address 'flour issue'
The agriculture ministers of Macedonia and Serbia are expected by the end of the day to address the ...