- Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:13 PM
Madrid, 29 July 2017 (MIA) - Regional government authorities in southeastern Spain say a wildfire has forced the evacuation of 300 people and burned 1,000 hectares (2,471 acres) of pine forest, AP reports.
Francisco Martinez, the regional head of agriculture, environment and rural development for Castilla-La Mancha, says residents from 10 small towns and visitors at a campsite have been relocated.
Over 150 firefighters supported by air units were fighting the fire on Saturday. The blaze started on Friday and spread into the National Park of Los Calares del Rio Mundo.
Spain and neighboring Portugal are prone to forest fires during the typically dry and hot summer months. sk/15:13
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:29 PM | Stoltenberg/Zaev: Name dispute settlement crucial for Macedonia's NATO membership, no plan 'B'
The Alliance has no plan 'B' for Macedonia's NATO accession, hence the name dispute must be settled,...
- 6:14 PM | Macedonian parliamentary parties held 'constructive' meetings with NATO's Stoltenberg
Officials of the parties from the ruling coalition DUI and SDSM and the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE ...
- 5:13 PM | MoFA: Mediator's ideas shouldn't be commented before in-depth analysis is made
According to diplomatic principles, ideas of the mediator should not be commended until an in-depth ...
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...