- Friday, August 11, 2017 6:19 PM
Berlin, 11 August 2017 (MIA) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel says she doesn’t see a military solution to rising tensions between the United States and North Korea and called for a de-escalation of the rhetoric.
Asked Friday about U.S. President Donald Trump’s latest statements, Merkel declined to say whether Germany would stand with the U.S. in case of a military conflict with North Korea. She said, “I don’t see a military solution and I don’t think it’s called for.”
Merkel called on the U.N. Security Council to continue to address the issue, AP reports. She says Germany would work to find diplomatic solutions with the countries involved, the U.S. and China in particular, but also South Korea.
She added: “I think escalating the rhetoric is the wrong answer.”
Earlier this week, Trump said the U.S. would slam the North with “fire and fury like the world has never seen” if it provoked America again. lk/18:18
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...