- Friday, August 11, 2017 6:49 PM
Athens, 11 August 2017 (MIA) - Greek authorities say they have seized roughly two tons of Albania-grown marijuana on an Italian-flagged yacht destined for the Aegean Sea islands, AP reports.
The coast guard says the seizure followed a tip-off and took place early Friday south of the Greek island of Kythera, at the entrance to the Aegean.
It was one of the largest quantities of marijuana ever confiscated in Greece.
A coast guard statement says the motorized yacht departed from an Italian port and picked up the drugs in Albania, which is a major producer of illegal marijuana.
The two-man crew, an Italian and an Albanian national, were arrested.
The yacht was impounded. lk/18:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:26 AM | Another five arrested for Sela attack in Parliament
The Skopje prosecutor's office has detained another five individuals for the attack on MP Zijadin Se...
- 11:13 AM | Parliament composition to change after local elections
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi will inform MPs at the first session after the local elections that...
- 9:15 AM | LE2017/ October 29 runoff in 35 municipalities
A mayoral runoff will be held in 35 municipalities on October 29.
- 9:09 AM | UNFPA to launch 2017 State of World Population report
The Office of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is to launch Tuesday its 2017 State of Worl...
- 8:54 AM | U.S. official says not ruling out eventual direct talks with North Korea
The United States is not ruling out the eventual possibility of direct talks with North Korea, Deput...