- Friday, August 11, 2017 7:34 PM
Skopje, 11 Augsut 2017 (MIA) - Prime Minister Zoran Zaev had a meeting Friday with the representatives of the Skopje-based Friedrich Ebert Foundation Office, Milan Zivkovic and Nita Starova, who commended the inclusive policies for democratic changes in the society of the new Macedonia's government.
The meeting reviewed the possibilities for signing a memo of cooperation, namely for the ' Friedrich Ebert' to grant expert assistance for improving the capacity of Macedonia's state institutions for education, labor, social policy, foreign affairs, culture and other significant spheres, the government said in a press release.
Macedonia needs the organizations, foundations, such as 'Friedrich Ebert', to help the country to become a European democracy and the government is open for cooperation to that effect and grateful for the support, Zaev said at the meeting.
The 'Friedrich Ebert' is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition in social democracy dating back to its establishment in 1925. The foundation owes its formation and its mission to the political legacy of its namesake Friedrich Ebert, the first democratically elected German President. Its work focuses on the core ideas and values of social democracy – freedom, justice and solidarity. lk/19:33
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...