- Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:42 AM
Skopje, 12 August 2017 (MIA) – Macedonia's Parliament is set to resume a debate on the motion for dismissal of Public Prosecutor Marko Zvrlevski on Saturday.
For the last few days VMRO-DPMNE MPs dominated the discussion with replies, counter-replies and procedural remarks, saying that the debate has been deliberately prioritized to turn the public attention from more urgent matters, such as the country’s indebtedness, fires, migrant strategy…
The Government filed the motion for Zvrlevski's dismissal due to his poor and unprofessional performance.
VMRO-DPMNE MPs consider the motion as unsubstantiated and cite the Article 8 of the Electoral Code, which, as they say, bans appointment and dismissal of office holders after calling of elections. lk/10:41
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:26 AM | Another five arrested for Sela attack in Parliament
The Skopje prosecutor's office has detained another five individuals for the attack on MP Zijadin Se...
- 11:13 AM | Parliament composition to change after local elections
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi will inform MPs at the first session after the local elections that...
- 9:15 AM | LE2017/ October 29 runoff in 35 municipalities
A mayoral runoff will be held in 35 municipalities on October 29.
- 9:09 AM | UNFPA to launch 2017 State of World Population report
The Office of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is to launch Tuesday its 2017 State of Worl...
- 8:54 AM | U.S. official says not ruling out eventual direct talks with North Korea
The United States is not ruling out the eventual possibility of direct talks with North Korea, Deput...