- Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:06 PM
Skopje, 12 August 2017 (MIA) - VMRO-DPMNE MPs filed Saturday a no-confidence motion against Minister of Culture Robert Alagjozovski.
VMRO-DPMNE MP Ane Laskoska said there has been a backward trend in the culture sector since Alagjozovski's appointment, because of partisan employments, selection and discrimination of artists and cultural activists, negligence of cultural heritage, stoppage of capital investments in the culture field etc.
"We believe this institution has reached the bottom since Robert Alagjozovski was appointed minister 70 days ago. He needs to go and be replaced with an honest person, one who takes care of the cultural and historical heritage, respecting all artists and cultural activists, one who will promote Macedonia's culture both in the country and abroad", said Laskoska.
She also referred to the cuts in the culture sector through the recently adopted budget rebalance.
Today's no-confidence motion is the sixth by the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE over the past week, following those against the ministers of agriculture, labor and social policy, foreign affairs, finance and environment. ik/14:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...