- Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:34 PM
Skopje, 12 August 2017 (MIA) – Macedonia's Parliament resumed Saturday the debate on the motion for dismissal of Public Prosecutor Marko Zvrlevski.
The Government filed the motion for Zvrlevski's dismissal due to his poor and unprofessional performance.
VMRO-DPMNE MPs consider the motion as unsubstantiated, quoting Article 8 of the Electoral Code, which, as they say, bans appointment and dismissal of office holders after calling of elections.
The opposition claims the Zvrlevski debate is a way to defocus the public from topics of current interest, such as the indebtedness, fires, strategy for refugees. According to them, Zvrlevski's dismissal should occur after the October 15 local elections.
SDSM group coordinator Tomislav Tuntev said the MPs from the majority have renounced their right to speak during the debate in order to dismiss Zvrlevski as soon as possible, followed by the election of a new public prosecutor and the start of reforms in the judiciary. lk/14:33
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:37 PM | Russian meddling in US election was 'hybrid warfare,' Tillerson says
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Tuesday branded Russia's alleged meddling in last year's Amer...
- 8:55 PM | U.S. Congress to let Iran deadline pass, leave decision to Trump
The U.S. Congress will allow a deadline on re-imposing sanctions on Iran to pass this week, congress...
- 8:45 PM | France's Macron says world is losing battle against climate change
French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday told dozens of world leaders and company bosses gathered...
- 8:36 PM | Macedonia earmarks MKD six million in aid to flood-affected regions in Albania
Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97...
- 7:12 PM | Macedonia and Kosovo have no open issues, say Zaev and Thaci
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev after meeting Tuesday with Kosovo President Hashim Thaci said fresh opport...