- Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:34 PM
Skopje, 12 August 2017 (MIA) – Macedonia's Parliament resumed Saturday the debate on the motion for dismissal of Public Prosecutor Marko Zvrlevski.
The Government filed the motion for Zvrlevski's dismissal due to his poor and unprofessional performance.
VMRO-DPMNE MPs consider the motion as unsubstantiated, quoting Article 8 of the Electoral Code, which, as they say, bans appointment and dismissal of office holders after calling of elections.
The opposition claims the Zvrlevski debate is a way to defocus the public from topics of current interest, such as the indebtedness, fires, strategy for refugees. According to them, Zvrlevski's dismissal should occur after the October 15 local elections.
SDSM group coordinator Tomislav Tuntev said the MPs from the majority have renounced their right to speak during the debate in order to dismiss Zvrlevski as soon as possible, followed by the election of a new public prosecutor and the start of reforms in the judiciary. lk/14:33
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...