- Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:04 AM
Skopje, 13 August 2017 (MIA) - Sunday marks the 16. anniversary of the Ohrid Framework Agreement (OFA), which put an end to the 2001 conflict in Macedonia and set up a framework for the country's interethnic coexistence and Euro-Atlantic perspective.
On the occasion, an event will be held in Skopje under the auspices of the Vice Premier for OFA Implementation and Political System Hazbi Lika and Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi.
Following days of negotiations in Ohrid, OFA was signed in Skopje on 13 August 2001. Then President Boris Trajkovski, former Prime Minister and VMRO-DPMNE leader Ljubco Georgievski, as well as SDSM, DPA and PDP leaders, Branko Crvenkovski, Arben Xhaferi and Imer Imeri respectively, signed the treaty.
The EU and US special representatives, Francois Leotard and James Pardew respectively, signed the document on behalf of the international community.
The then EU foreign policy chief, Javier Solana, US representative Pieter Feith and legal experts, such as professors Vlado Popovski and Ljubomir Frchkovski, also took part in the negotiations. ik/11:02
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...