- Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:24 AM
Kosovo, 13 August 2017 (MIA) - The International Monetary Fund (IMF) will shelve a final review of its stand-by arrangement (SBA) with Kosovo, as well as the final disbursement of around EUR 15 million because of the absence of a new regular government.
In July 2015 the IMF and Kosovo signed a 22-month SBA that resulted in maintaining fiscal discipline. In March, the SBA was extended by several months to August.
Kosovo held early general elections on June 11, but their result was inconclusive with none of the three big players winning enough votes to form a government alone.
“The final review of the SBA will not be completed, as the fourth review mission could not take place in June as scheduled. This because it is standard IMF practice not to conduct review missions around elections to preserve the Fund’s longstanding political impartiality,” says Ruud Vermeulen, the IMF resident representative in Kosovo.
The mission could not take place after the elections because there is not as yet a new government in place, with the programme expiring on August 4. ik/10:23
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...