- Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:01 AM
Tirana, 13 August 2017 (MIA) - Albanian police director Haki Cako says cooperation between the Albanian and Macedonia police services, including those of the border polices, is excellent and represents an example for the region.
Cako paid a visit to the Kjafasan border crossing near Struga for briefing over measures undertaken during the tourism season, but also tightened controls towards preventing the increasing number of Albanian asylum seekers in the EU.
"Cooperation with the Macedonian police is aimed at preventing cross-border crime, and organized crime involving illicit trade. Our cooperation can be a model for other police services", said Cako.
During the visit, the Albanian police officials met with representatives of the Macedonian border police. ik/10:58
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:45 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: New name should also be a constitutional name of neighboring country
The name Skopje and Athens will agree upon should at the same time become a constitutional name of t...
- 8:53 PM | Trump announces ‘heaviest ever’ sanctions on North Korea
US President Donald Trump rolled out sanctions against North Korea-linked shipping assets Friday, ha...
- 8:03 PM | Dimitrov-Reynders: Macedonia wishes for dignified name solution
At the sidelines of CEPS forum in Brussels, Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov briefed his ...
- 7:17 PM | Croatian opposition join forces to topple Andrej Plenkovic's government
Croatia's united opposition, led by the Social Democratic Party (SDP) and MOST, as of next week is s...
- 6:48 PM | Inter-party group on LGBTI rights set up in Parliament
An inter-party parliamentary group tasked with advancing LGBTI rights was formed Friday in Parliamen...