- Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:01 AM
Tirana, 13 August 2017 (MIA) - Albanian police director Haki Cako says cooperation between the Albanian and Macedonia police services, including those of the border polices, is excellent and represents an example for the region.
Cako paid a visit to the Kjafasan border crossing near Struga for briefing over measures undertaken during the tourism season, but also tightened controls towards preventing the increasing number of Albanian asylum seekers in the EU.
"Cooperation with the Macedonian police is aimed at preventing cross-border crime, and organized crime involving illicit trade. Our cooperation can be a model for other police services", said Cako.
During the visit, the Albanian police officials met with representatives of the Macedonian border police. ik/10:58
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...