- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:58 PM
Washington, 27 September 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia is the next country to join NATO, former commander of the Alliance, James Stavridis said, adding that this would be the next step towards the unification and strengthening of the Balkans.
I hope Greece will be able to resolve the name dispute with Macedonia, which will open the door for Macedonia to become part of NATO. I think Macedonia will join the Alliance, Stavridis told Voice of America.
US Vice President Mike Pence, on behalf of President Donald Tramp, earlier this month also reiterated his country's support for Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration in a phone conversation with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev.
Pence said that the United States continues to support Macedonia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations, and encouraged Zaev to continue with reforms that will speed up Macedonia’s path in that direction, the White House announced at the time. sk/12:54
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...