- Friday, October 06, 2017 11:58 AM
Athens, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - Skopje will do what it can to resolve the issue of the country's name with Greece, Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov told Greek news agency ANA-MPA after the conclusion of the two-day Second Ministerial Meeting of Greece, Albania, Bulgaria and Macedonia in Thessaloniki on Thursday.
Responding to a question on whether he can see a near-future resolution of the issue, Dimitrov said, "Today I want to stay on 'the larger picture'. In order to resolve the issue of the name - and we will naturally do the best we can to resolve it - it's important to create a positive framework and climb out of the grooves of history, since we cannot change our history, but we can influence our future, and this future will be both common and European. It is important to invest in this direction. If there is a national interest common to all countries, including ours, it is how to do the best for our citizens' future. We are on the right path." ik/11:55
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:21 PM | Strategic talks on enhancement of Macedonia-France defense cooperation
Enhancement of cooperation with the Directorate-General for International Relations and Strategy wit...
- 1:47 PM | EP: Third country nationals exempt from visa requirements to apply for EU travel authorization as of 2020
The European Parliament's Civil Liberties Committee approved Thursday new draft rules according to w...
- 12:40 PM | Detention ordered against fifth suspect involved in MP Sela's attack
A judge has ordered a 30-day detention against a man, the fifth suspect, for an attempted murder of ...
- 12:38 PM | Nikolovski: Cooperation with scientific institutions in creation of new agrarian policies
The scientists from 26 countries, representatives of universities, institutions and companies partic...
- 12:38 PM | Grujevski, Boskovski extradition procedure to start after Interpol notification: justice ministry
The Justice Ministry will initiate the procedure for extradition of Goran Grujevski and Nikola Bosko...