- Friday, October 06, 2017 4:48 PM
Prilep, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - The negotiations with Greece on settling the name row have been deadlocked for a long time and now a positive approach to the process is needed, not a 'superficial nationalism,' Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov said Friday in Prilep.
Now we should work on reviving old and making new friendships, which also refers to Greece, as Macedonia needs them if it wishes to solve the (name) problem, Dimitrov said.
He also expressed belief that Macedonia's EU - accession talks would be launched soon.
'I believe we have a chance, but a lot has to be done yet. I'll do my best to persuade out neighbors, Brussels and all EU members that such move is rather beneficial for Macedonia, but also for Europe,' Dimitrov said. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:48 PM | Presentation of Franco-German award for human rights
French, German Ambassadors to Macedonia Christian Thimonier and Thomas Gerberich, along with Prime M...
- 7:54 PM | Decision on Macedonia's request for extradition of former UBK officials to be announced next week
Thessaloniki court will announce its decision on Macedonia's request for extradition of former Admin...
- 7:15 PM | Muslim leaders call on world to recognize East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital
Muslim leaders condemned U.S. President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Is...
- 7:02 PM | DM Sekerinska meets British State Minister for Europe and America Duncan
Macedonia has been working on systemic reforms and advancement of the relations with its neighbors. ...
- 6:32 PM | Brexit: European Parliament backs move to next phase of talks
The European Parliament has voted to back a move to the next phase of Brexit talks, as well as an am...