- Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:39 PM
Skopje, 12 October 2017 (MIA) - The Skopje-based Criminal Court sentenced Pance Angelov, the person who attacked current Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska during the April 27 incidents in the Parliament, to four years in prison on Thursday.
Angelov pleaded guilty to the charges and his lawyer asked the court to take into account the mitigating circumstances - admission, age, regret and no prior criminal record.
During the events, Angelov pulled Sekerinska by the hair after she had been struck by a metal stand in the head. The indictment reads that Angelov was part of the first group that stormed the Parliament. He issued verbal threats to SDSM leader Zoran Zaev and afterwards attacked Sekerinska. ik/13:38
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:50 PM | PM Zaev: Macedonia’s accession to NATO not an obstacle to advancing the relations with Russia
NATO membership is Macedonia’s strategic goal and it is not an obstacle for the country to advance i...
- 5:35 PM | Macedonia holds European record of most prison breaks
Macedonia has the highest rate of prison breakouts, shows a survey published Tuesday by the Council ...
- 5:11 PM | Greek gov't spokesman Tzanakopoulos expects progress in name talks
Greece is expecting the comments on a draft agreement Athens has sent to Skopje. It also expect a p...
- 3:11 PM | Several people shot at Maryland high school: media report
Several people were shot at a Maryland high school on Tuesday, local news media reported, after scho...
- 2:59 PM | Turgenev's A Month in the Country rehearsals begin in MNT
Thirty years after directing Macedonian playwright Goran Stefanovski’s Black Hole, Italian director ...