- Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:39 PM
Skopje, 12 October 2017 (MIA) - The Skopje-based Criminal Court sentenced Pance Angelov, the person who attacked current Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska during the April 27 incidents in the Parliament, to four years in prison on Thursday.
Angelov pleaded guilty to the charges and his lawyer asked the court to take into account the mitigating circumstances - admission, age, regret and no prior criminal record.
During the events, Angelov pulled Sekerinska by the hair after she had been struck by a metal stand in the head. The indictment reads that Angelov was part of the first group that stormed the Parliament. He issued verbal threats to SDSM leader Zoran Zaev and afterwards attacked Sekerinska. ik/13:38
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...
- 4:07 PM | Hundreds mourn slain Kosovo Serb politican at funeral
Hundreds of people mourned at the funeral of moderate Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic on Thur...
- 3:52 PM | FM Dimitrov expects positive outcome from NATO Summit in July
Expectation of a positive outcome from the forthcoming NATO Summit in July 2018 and gratitude for th...
- 2:46 PM | HRW report hails resistance to Trump-style populism
Activists have decried the rise of US President Donald Trump and his embrace of populist strongmen a...
- 2:42 PM | Sekerinska – Stoltenberg: Macedonia’s place is in NATO
Macedonia has shown that it has capacity to implement reforms in the spirit of NATO values, focus on...