EU Ambassador Zbogar: Local elections - opportunity for citizens to determine future development of municipalities
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:52 PM
Skopje, 12 October 2017 (MIA) - The 15 October local election are an opportunity for you, the citizens to present your views about the direction your municipalities should take in the future, Head of the EU Delegation to Macedonia Samuel Zabogar said Thursday in his Twitter message.
'We call on political leaders and party members to conduct the election process without intimidation and violence. We remind of the significance of making clear distinction between the state and party activities before, during and after the elections. We count on the state institutions - the police, the State Election Commission, civic society - to do their job for conducting democratic, free and fair elections,' Zbogar said.
Finally, each vote counts, he said. 'We call on citizens to exercise their democratic right to vote and thus shape the future of their municipalities.' lk/18:52
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:44 PM | UNICEF: Every child is entitled to healthy environment
Macedonia's Environment Minister Sadula Duraki and UNICEF Representative Benjamin Perks discussed We...
- 5:41 PM | Branko Gapo's digitized films promoted at Cinematheque of Macedonia
Digitized films and a DVD of the body of work of Macedonian film director Branko Gapo were promoted ...
- 5:11 PM | President Ivanov delivers lecture at Turkey's Council of Higher Education
President Gjorge Ivanov delivered Wednesday in Ankara a lecture on challenges of higher education in...
- 5:03 PM | Vice-Premier Osmani: Macedonia needs help for building national consensus on strategic issues
The European Commission's Strategy for the Western Balkan countries has accurately assessed Macedoni...
- 4:52 PM | European cities need to adapt now to future drought, floods - researchers
European cities in the second half of the century may face significantly worse heatwaves, deepening ...