- Friday, October 13, 2017 9:58 AM
Athens, 13 October 2017 (MIA) - No additional measures will be taken in 2018, government spokesman Dimitris Tzanakopoulos said on Friday in an interview with real.gr., ANA-MPA reports.
Tzanakopoulos underlined that the Greek economy is on track for recovery, adding that Greece is meeting the fiscal targets, distributing a social dividend and laying the foundations for a new economic and production model in the country after the memoranda.
Asked about the possibility of early elections, he said: "The 2017 primary surplus will exceed the target even after the distribution of the social dividend. The same figures are also expected for 2018, provided that the economy accelerates. Therefore, there is no point in discussing the possibility of early elections. The elections will be held in 2019." sk/09:55
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:44 PM | UNICEF: Every child is entitled to healthy environment
Macedonia's Environment Minister Sadula Duraki and UNICEF Representative Benjamin Perks discussed We...
- 5:41 PM | Branko Gapo's digitized films promoted at Cinematheque of Macedonia
Digitized films and a DVD of the body of work of Macedonian film director Branko Gapo were promoted ...
- 5:11 PM | President Ivanov delivers lecture at Turkey's Council of Higher Education
President Gjorge Ivanov delivered Wednesday in Ankara a lecture on challenges of higher education in...
- 5:03 PM | Vice-Premier Osmani: Macedonia needs help for building national consensus on strategic issues
The European Commission's Strategy for the Western Balkan countries has accurately assessed Macedoni...
- 4:52 PM | European cities need to adapt now to future drought, floods - researchers
European cities in the second half of the century may face significantly worse heatwaves, deepening ...