- Friday, November 10, 2017 11:21 AM
Skopje, 10 November 2017 (MIA) - Diplomatic Club-Skopje says the Skopje-based airport should be renamed after former Macedonian President Kiro Gligorov.
"The numerous global missions of President Gligorov started and ended at the Skopje airport, his travels dedicated to peace and friendship, as well as international promotion of the country. Protocol events such as hoisting of the national flag, playing of the national anthem, lining up of the honor guard, were introduced during his term as president, promoting the country as an independent and sovereign state", says the Diplomatic Club.
It adds that renaming the airport after Gligorov would materialize his great role in the process of Macedonia's establishment as a modern state - a permanent monument in the people's collective memory.
This year marks the 100th anniversary from the birth of Kiro Gligorov (1917-2012). ik/11:19
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 PM | CoE Muiznieks: Reconciliation stalled in Western Balkans
Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights Nils Muiznieks voiced concern Tuesday that the rec...
- 7:52 PM | Debate on amendments to draft law on languages adjourned
The Committee on European Affairs adjourned Tuesday its debate on amendments to the draft law on lan...
- 7:23 PM | MATTO: Macedonia to bolster cooperation with Turkish regions
There is room for Macedonia and Turkey to at least triple their trade exchange, namely to increase i...
- 6:23 PM | PM Zaev in Belgrade - meetings with non-resident ambassadors, opposition DP leader Sutanovac
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev briefed Tuesday in Belgrade the non-resident ambassadors that also cover M...
- 5:21 PM | Robert Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe's president after 37 years
Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe resigned as president Tuesday after 37 years in power, as parliament began ...