• A-
  • A
  • A+
Monday, November 20, 2017, 

Macedonia's government accepts international investigation into 'Diva Naselba' case

Macedonia

Skopje, 10 November 2017 (MIA) - The government gives green light for launching an international investigation into the 'Diva Naselba' case.

Representatives of the international community have been briefed on the matter and now they are considering how an international investigation could be launched to clarify all circumstances related to 2015 events in the Kumanovo settlement 'Diva Naselba', Prime Minister Zoran Zaev told a press conference on Friday.

'We wish for all dilemmas related to this case to be clarified,' Zaev said.

Last week Skopje Criminal Court gave life sentences to seven of the 37 defendants charged with taking part in a gun battle with police in the northern Macedonian town of Kumanovo in May 2105. Thirteen people were sentenced to 40 years in prison, six got 20 years, one - 18 years, two - 14 years, two - 13 years and two were sentenced to 12 years. Four of the 37 defendants were acquitted.

The defendants were found guilty of terrorism, either for participation in or assistance of a two-day shootout with Macedonian security forces that left 18 people dead, including eight policemen. lk/16:15

###

All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.



NO RELATED NEWS
Top