- Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:15 PM
Skopje, 14 November 2017 (MIA) - Minister of Interior Oliver Spasovski and OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Harlem Desir agreed at Tuesday's meeting that media are among the most important pillars in a democratic society and measures are required so that journalists feel safe and free to do their job.
Spasovski highlighted the cooperation and the partnership between the Ministry of Interior and journalist associations, as well as the ministry's commitment to solve all past cases related to attacks on journalists.
In addition, Spasovski briefed Desir on reforms and measures undertaken in bringing back citizens' trust in the police, the Ministry of Interior said in a press release. ik/19:14
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:55 PM | VMRO-DPMNE leader Gruevski meets Albanian President Meta
VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski met Monday with Albanian President Ilir Meta, referring to bilater...
- 8:32 PM | Zaev-Meta: Macedonia and Albania to boost cooperation
Macedonia and Albania are faced witth similar challenges and their cooperation is just a confirmatio...
- 7:50 PM | Albania premier asks EU for help seizing gang crime profits
Albania’s prime minister wants European Union countries for support in cracking down on criminal gan...
- 7:01 PM | U.S. designates North Korea a state sponsor of terror, triggering sanctions
President Donald Trump designated North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism on Monday, allowing the U...
- 6:58 PM | Serbia: Police arrest 93 suspects in series of raids
Serbia's Interior Ministry (MUP) said on Monday that 93 people were arrested in a large-scale operat...